Auto switch channel on recording

jeanux

jeanux

I have a quick question for you guys. Is there any way to force a change of channel for a scheduled recording? Let’s say I only have one iptv tuner and I have a recording scheduled for 9pm on channel 100. But let’s say at that time I’m watching channel 200. Is it possible that Emby forces a channel change from 200 to 100 at 9pm so it doesn’t miss the recording? In other words, prioritize recordings when not enough tuners are present.

jeanux

I have a quick question for you guys. Is there any way to force a change of channel for a scheduled recording? Let’s say I only have one iptv tuner and I have a recording scheduled for 9pm on channel 100. But let’s say at that time I’m watching channel 200. Is it possible that Emby forces a channel change from 200 to 100 at 9pm so it doesn’t miss the recording? In other words, prioritize recordings when not enough tuners are present.

Hi, no, you'd have to just cancel the recording and schedule a new one. It's a good idea to think about for future updates though. Thanks.

jeanux

Thanks for the reply Luke. Prior to start using emby as my main media server I used the now defunct TVMosaic, which handled recording the way I described. Anyway, keep up the good work guys!

• Thanks 1

gillmacca01

I think a better solution in the future is an on screen prompt to change channels or cancel the recording based on available tuners

12 minutes ago, gillmacca01 said:

I think a better solution in the future is an on screen prompt to change channels or cancel the recording based on available tuners

Yes, that is the right approach but it is pretty complicated in our system.  There could be multiple people watching Live TV at any given time and on any number of devices remote or local.

So, obviously, doable but more complicated then a single integrated system such as WMC.

• Agree 1

jeanux

Maybe give the "emby admin" some options to play with in the settings. Something like:

1. Alert only, force channel switch at recording time: This will only alert the user(s) but won't give them a way to cancel the channel switch
  2. Alert with override option: This would present the alert but with a cancel recording option, as stated before. If any of the users actively using the tuner hits the cancel button, the recording will be canceled.

If more than one tuner is present, then the alert would go only to those using the tuner that will do the recording.