Cannot filter one library - results won't display

aspdend
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

aspdend

Emby server for windows (latest stable), Emby Theatre for windows (latest stable), runing on Windows 11 PC.

So this is a weird issue I cannot get to the bottom of. I have multiple libraries (17 in total) on my system and eveything works finr for 16 of them, however on my main TV Shows Library I cannot set a filter for play state. Other filters (genre, year, studio etc) all work, but not play state.

If it is set to played or unplayed, then nothing appears on the library screen. Only if it is set to Any will the entire library be displayed. It used to work and it changed a few months ago, exactly when I cannot pinpoint as it didn't seem to be too much of an issue, but it is slowly driving me crazy as this is our main watching folder for shows and we have a lot of UK TV Shows that are ongoing but infrequent so a lot of  shows that get in the way of seeing what we have that needs watching.

Movies, music, kids TV shows, everything else works fine, just not this one library. This is the same on the web, and on the android app so I am sure there is a setting somewhere I am missing. I use an UnRAID server to store our media and this library is the only one that points to this particular folder on the UnRAID server...I have removed the library and run library scans and reinstalled the library and run library scans and kept the library and removed the server folder and run library scans and reinstated the server foldr and run library scans, but nothing is making it work. I have also checked the settings against other libraries and as far as I can see they are the same so I am at a dead end as to what to do next!

aspdend
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Are you sure that is the only filter being applied?

Yes I am - I have checked to make sure that's the only filter...

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, aspdend said:

Yes I am - I have checked to make sure that's the only filter...

No need to check, if the Filter button ain't blue before you apply Play state - there's none other. 

But cannot recreate, have no issues filtering TV Shows library on Playstate on either Theater Desktop or Theater Store. Out of curiosity, if you select "Hide fully played content from latest media" in your Home Screen settings, does Latest TV Shows row on Home Screen show only Unplayed items?

Happy2Play

Is this only a issue in ET?

Do you get the same results in web client or online web client?

aspdend
8 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Is this only a issue in ET?

Do you get the same results in web client or online web client?

I get the same on the web client through chrome - via a laptop on the same network and the same result on the android app via a phone on the same network

aspdend
8 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

No need to check, if the Filter button ain't blue before you apply Play state - there's none other. 

But cannot recreate, have no issues filtering TV Shows library on Playstate on either Theater Desktop or Theater Store. Out of curiosity, if you select "Hide fully played content from latest media" in your Home Screen settings, does Latest TV Shows row on Home Screen show only Unplayed items?

I already have that checked and on the home screen it does only show the latest unplayed items - that has not changed - it is purely the media content within the library

• Solution

OK there's an issue with those two options combined on the series screen in 4.6.7. It is resolved for 4.7. Workaround for now is to choose one of them to turn off.

aspdend
1 minute ago, Luke said:

OK there's an issue with those two options combined on the series screen in 4.6.7. It is resolved for 4.7. Workaround for now is to choose one of them to turn off.

Ah, didn't find that as  bug anywhere - my bad thought I'd looked all over - thatnks for letting m eknow, at least I know I'm not going mad anymore!!

Thanks - will look forward to 4.7!