List of all movies/shows

sross44

sross44

Is there a way with Emby via native functionality or plugin, to get a list of all media in my libraries? I know I can go look in the different folders on the server itself, but was wondering if anything can spit out a text doc or something of the sorts. 

seanbuff

The 'Reports' plugin will likely give you what you need. You can export to Excel or CSV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Locutus64

Saw this thread and thought I'd grab the mentioned plugin and give it a spin, but when I select catalog and then search on the plugins page it wanted to search my media instead of searching through the plugins. I'm mentioned this awhile back about going into a specific library and searching and Emby searching all my libraries instead of just the library I'm in. It's one thing to be in subsection of a site and do a search and have the entire site searched, but on one's computer you expect the behavior to be just like if you launched your file manager and search within a specific folder.  You don't have it searching the entire computer just that folder and it's subfolders. I'll create a feature request for this if there isn't one yet.

GrimReaper

That is something that userbase will likely be split halfway (as with number of other topics), I just recently had a post in AndroidTV beta section complaining why are results limited only to a Library one's currently in and not Global. Guess the only way out of it would be for a "Search" icon press resulting in dropdown with Local search and Global search selection options. 

• 1 month later...
Jinroh
On 1/27/2022 at 10:50 AM, seanbuff said:

The 'Reports' plugin will likely give you what you need. You can export to Excel or CSV.

"Reports" plugin is very usefull.

But it miss something very important to me. I need 2 more metadate : Favorite / View

I need this for export my full list and clean my hard drived based on Favorite tag for viewed movies...

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Jinroh said:

"Reports" plugin is very usefull.

But it miss something very important to me. I need 2 more metadate : Favorite / View

I need this for export my full list and clean my hard drived based on Favorite tag for viewed movies...

The API and add other variables.  

Also have you looked at filters in Reports plugin?

image.png.1326bade4f5d3944badb82f2d496685f.png

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Jinroh

Thanls for this information about Filter.
First time I opened this panel, all was empty. It's OK now.

I will be able to do what I want with these exports, rather than using the APIs (another topic)

Thanks

• Like 1