Emby no longer recording LiveTV

richardcastle
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

richardcastle

I'm a bit stumped.

I'm an Emby Premier subscribe and have been enjoying Emby for years. This is my first posting.

Emby is no longer recording LiveTV either immediate, or scheduled. I however appear to be able to still timeshift on a live stream.

When I look at my log file, it appears that Emby is defaulting to find and make recording folders in my C:\Windows\System32 folder. This is despite settings pointing Emby to save recordings in C:\LiveTV

I'm not running Emby as a service right now and in debugging, I've updated paths to point to local files. Emby is running as the same user as the one currently logged in.

Log file attached. Errors obvious at the every end of the file.

2022-01-15 15:38:10.670 Error LiveTV: Error recording to TV Series\Sky News (2021)\Sky News 2022_01_15_15_30_00.ts
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.7.0
    Command line: C:\Users\dawnr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/dawnr/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: C:\Users\dawnr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application path: C:\Users\dawnr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\TV Series\Sky News (2021)' is denied.
       at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(String fullPath, Byte[] securityDescriptor)
       at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.CreateDirectory(String path)
       at Emby.LiveTV.DirectRecorder.RecordFromDirectStreamProvider(IDirectStreamProvider directStreamProvider, String targetFile, TimeSpan duration, Action onStarted, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.RecordStream(TimerInfo timer, DateTimeOffset recordingEndDate, ActiveRecordingInfo activeRecordingInfo)
    Source: System.IO.FileSystem
    TargetSite: Void CreateDirectory(System.String, Byte[])

I'd like to avoid a reinstall. Any suggestions please?

embyserver.txt

Hello richardcastle,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Also based on the log file I think you may have accidentally configured at least one Emby library containing a folder path pointing to C:\WINDOWS\system32\TV Series

So I would remove that library and check all of the others as well.

richardcastle

Hey Luke,

Thanks for coming back to me. Screenshot of recording settings attached.

I have 6 libraries. None of which are pointing to C:\WINDOWS\System32 :( [proof attached]

Screenshot 2022-01-16 144912.png

Screenshot 2022-01-16 145146.png

• Solution

Ok the problem is your DVR settings. The movie and TV paths are not paths but just names.