Music review/overview import (by tags or nfos) seems broken...

chander421

chander421

My music database (in FLAC) is perfectly structured, by artists and by albums, all my tracks are perfectly tagged by Jriver and Jaikoz (musicbrainz). For each album, I have tagged a review in the review/overview fields. And I even did the same in the nfo accompanying each album. But it appears that emby doesn't read these fields at all and I can't import these data when scanning these files in the library!

So I wonder how I can import these fields directly into emby (I have more than 6000 albums, it's impossible to do this manually) and more generally, where can I find the official list of tags (and their formatting) that emby imports directly into the library, by reading the embedded tags or by reading the nfos?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by chander421
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Outbound said:

I was wondering a similar thought, 

Is there a list of used tags that emby pulls embedded data from? 

It's something that we should document, but in the meantime, going by what Picard supports is a good starting point.

Happy2Play

Yes, Music tag documentation is needed.

But everyone needs to ensure ffprobe is seeing the tags also.  Just because tagging programs are showing tags does not mean those same tags are visible via ffprobe.

Currently Emby will write a nfo file but does not read it for music (albums).

Hi 

Below is a draft of music tag's that emby supports/imports. 

Caveats:

1) first pass

2) Support was based on Picard Standards. The chart shows the Picard mappings to other standards (Source: Musicbrainz) 

3) To @Happy2Playpoint I added a column for ffprobe support. This is a determining factor for requests to support additional tags.

4) @Luke I wasn't sure about Original year/date. I think it is only used if release date is blank. 

I hope this is a start, please correct as needed (I am sure I missed something). @cayars  when the list is corrected/accurate maybe you can turn it into documentation.

-Vicpa

Emby _MusicBrainz_Picard_Tag_Map.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2