Remember passwords

Steven

I'm not sure you would want to remember passwords as it would defeat the purpose of the password field. However you might want it to remember the last user that logged in instead of what it does now.

Steven

No I want it to remember and auto log in each time, just as I do with MBC. Stuff like that is a pain for me, the missus and kids and it's only the youngest who has a different set of media showing and she watches her stuff in her bedroom so doesn't need to protect it from anyone else seeing.

Just curious as why would you use a password if it just automatically is saved and filled in? You really aren't then using the password at all then and just need users that have no password.

Steven

I only need passwords to stop external access through the web. Why would myself or my kids want a choice of logins when we open MBT? We just want it to open our profiles on our own PC's and start watching. It was requested by quite a few for MBC so I'm not alone here. :)

Ah I assume you are using then the Android or iOS clients. I think we probably just need an option to only use passwords on external clients. I don't see why an internal client would ever need one beyond limiting who can login and if that is the case you wouldn't want to save passwords.

• Like 1

wait.. what.. ? 

No autologin in MBT ?

I hope this is just a bad joke.

Should be done in the same way as in MBC period, that's just perfect.

wait.. what.. ? 

No autologin in MBT ?

I hope this is just a bad joke.

Should be done in the same way as in MBC period, that's just perfect.

Yea, unacceptable, right?

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Yea luke, what on earth were you thinking!!!

sarcasm.... the lowest form of wit, however still the funniest!! 

So you mean that my wife will have to enter a password every single time she starts MBT ??

if so yea thats unacceptable :)

What terrible service around here.

Well I don't see it as bad service but rather as a disapointment from my side.

Me and probably many others here see MBT as the future Star of all the MB-apps and the app to take MBC's place. 

Therefor at least I expect it to be at least as good as MBC but hopefully even better with same or better features.

But to get to the point about the password thing.

MBC & MBS have this option so I don't understand why MBT shouldnt have it ?

I have 4 kids at home at different ages and I need to protect them from certain ratings.

I can buy that it might not be the top 3 items to be implemented but it should be on the to do list.

So you mean that my wife will have to enter a password every single time she starts MBT ??

if so yea thats unacceptable :)

What terrible service around here.

johnchimpo

Ah I assume you are using then the Android or iOS clients. I think we probably just need an option to only use passwords on external clients. I don't see why an internal client would ever need one beyond limiting who can login and if that is the case you wouldn't want to save passwords.

This! So much this! I want to open up my server to external access, but requiring a password internally will really hurt the WAF because it makes changing users at our shared devices a pain.

I don't see why an internal client would ever need one beyond limiting who can login and if that is the case you wouldn't want to save passwords.

There is a use-case for this - a physically secure device.  So, say, the tv in the master bedroom auto logs in because the kids are never in there.  Same use-case as browsers on your phone.

• Like 1