Animated Covers or Fanarts not possible

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Hi,

I tried to add some animated (moving) covers or background images but this doesn't work.

On Covers i can upload the gif but it doesn't play, it is just displaying the fist image.

On Background/Fanart it lets me select the image, it is moving but when i click save it jumps back to the index but stuck on loading. Reloading the page results in not having changed the background image.

Is this really not supported? I tried this in the browser and even there it is not possible to have moving images for cover or fanart.

Hi, not officially supported, no, but you might be able to get covers to work with some tricks.

To give yourself the best chance of success, keep your images on the small side so that the server will pass them through without converting. If they have to be converted then the animation is lost.

Painkiller8818
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, not officially supported, no, but you might be able to get covers to work with some tricks.

To give yourself the best chance of success, keep your images on the small side so that the server will pass them through without converting. If they have to be converted then the animation is lost.

ok thanks will give it a try

• 1 year later...