Feature Request - Parental Controls

TXK57

I would like to ask for more granular permissions on parental control.

• The ability to have the parental rating broke up between Movies and TV Shows would be nice. This way an admin can set a base on each one per user.
  • Another thing that would be handy would be to set both allow/block tags at the same time.
  • For music, it only seems that the tags work on albums or songs. It would be nice to be able to tag the artist and allow anything from that artist to populate.

I currently had to set it the rating as nothing and set everything by custom tags. This was a fun process.

Painkiller8818

Your Request is in the wrong Section. You should better create this in the "Feature Requests" Section.

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, TKX57 said:

The ability to multi select and add a tag would be a handy feature too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TKX57 said:

The ability to have the parental rating broke up between Movies and TV Shows would be nice

Hi.  Why are different ratings for TV vs movies required? Can you explain your use case?

1 hour ago, TKX57 said:

Another thing that would be handy would be to set both allow/block tags at the same time.

On 11/3/2021 at 1:04 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Why are different ratings for TV vs movies required? Can you explain your use case?

Use case here is mostly for kids. Movie ratings are quite a bit better then TV Show Ratings. I would set my base movie rating and would still probably set no base rating for TV Shows and only allow TV Shows based on the allow Tag.

Would it not be easier to allow the rating to apply for both?
Then login as one of the kids or apply the rating to your own account and view the list of TV shows.
Any thing you think they still shouldn't have you can tag "kids-block" or something.

Now just add that tag to the filter list.

That should give you the best of both worlds.  Let Emby use the normal rating but you can further filter it down as needed.  You should end up having far less tagging to do this way.
Even if you missed something it should be to far off the tv rating.