re-create collections in emby server for qnap

sezsat
Go to solution Solved by sezsat,

Hi Devs,

we have two qnaps, the main one have issues with the emby server libraries database corruption, what i did was, removed the emby server and did a clean install, then restored a backup from the identical emby server from the other qnap (backup server), all goes well, but the collections did not generate its own primary display picture for the home screen, did put a custom picture and removed it then re-scan the whole library hoping that it will generate its own, but to no avail.

is there any option or setting to reset/rebuild the collections?

thanks

Happy2Play

Can you post a server log, but am guessing you are getting errors pointing to the old collection path.

15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you post a server log, but am guessing you are getting errors pointing to the old collection path.

how do i point it to the correct path in qnap? thank you.

embyserver (6).txtattached is the server log after running scan library, still no image for the collections in the home screen, though i'm using a snipped copy from the backup server just for the collections to have a display image on the main server, btw what i did was take the backup config from the backup qnap emby server and restored that backup to the new qnap emby server, it might be that the collections path is different, although i have no idea how to correct it if that is the case, but if you can guide me, i will be able to sort this out, thanks guys. 

maybe you guys can add an option within emby server just to be able to rebuild the collections, same as before when it used to be a separate plugin, that would be of great help, hopefully in the next version of the emby server.

35 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, to rebuild a collection simply refresh the metadata on the movies that are in the collection.

do it on each movie? will update you guys how it goes as we have 98 movies in the collections, hopefully there will be an option in the collections itself to refresh metadata of everything inside.

56 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes although I'm not sure what you're hoping it will do.

just wanted to have collections to have a display image on the home screen instead of just a folder icon.

anyway, i did refresh the metadata but collections still did not generate a display image as with other libraries. though i made a screen shot from a backup server just to have a display image on it.

Edited by sezsat

• Solution
17 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Please try this.  Obviously your path will be different (/share/ZFS530_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/root/default)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/101703-beta-server-error-messages/&do=findComment&comment=1068130

thank you @Happy2Play

took me some familiarization, as i am using qnap, used filezilla to figure out what to do, collections now have its own image after copying the data from a backup qnap.

all good. thank you.

had to copy from this backup qnap:

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/data/collections

to this main qnap:

/share/ZFS530_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/data/collections