CoverArt & Live TV

kjhedges

kjhedges

Is there going to be a addition to CoverArt that will add features to live tv posters.

Untitled.thumb.png.63d4b7dae704fbed7eb7be65867e45e8.png

I would like to see a small studio logo image on the posters and also something to bring the images more inline with the rest of my media with CoverArt

Untitled1.thumb.png.62d720d0e930c04cf9ce858cf4d6c8d0.png

I would also like to see some form of CoverArt on the chapter images.

Thanks

• Like 2

GrimReaper

I like the idea of Channel logos overlay. AndroidTV app does add Channel names underneath so it makes it less noticeable, but I still fancy the logo-idea. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, kjhedges said:

Are there any plans to have CoverArt overlay onto Live TV/On Now posters on homepage?

To overlay what exactly?

kjhedges
17 hours ago, Luke said:

To overlay what exactly?

The live tv On Now shows on the homepage

On 10/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, kjhedges said:

Is there going to be a addition to CoverArt that will add features to live tv posters.

Untitled.thumb.png.63d4b7dae704fbed7eb7be65867e45e8.png

I would like to see a small studio logo image on the posters and also something to bring the images more inline with the rest of my media with CoverArt

Untitled1.thumb.png.62d720d0e930c04cf9ce858cf4d6c8d0.png

I would also like to see some form of CoverArt on the chapter images.

Thanks

kjhedges

Perhaps I should explain more.

Currently I have the coverart plugin using clearcase.

So Movies are as below

emby1.thumb.png.7372a6735985fe0a3a15139b16e4ae8b.png

Tv shows

emby2.thumb.png.113e6565d319a1a4070a64ce3746f22f.png

Ect Ect

Now, with the Live TV both on Homepageemby3.thumb.png.97d2ecfdfc3a5ffe211e3a313a09edac.png

And in Live TV/ Progeammes

emby4.thumb.png.1822f9f217e2de1e39f15814f3f67b80.png

There are no CoverArt displays.

Thanks

Ok yes I'm theory it's possible, it just would make populating those lists slower. We're already downloading those program images on the fly, so adding cover art treatment to that would make it even more work on demand.

kjhedges

The main part is the homepage.  
I would prefer the live tv on now near the top of my media listing but because of this issue with cover art not displaying anything over it messes with the layout for me. So I just dump it at the bottom of list on homepage and never see it unless I’m looking at what’s on

GrimReaper
18 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok yes I'm theory it's possible, it just would make populating those lists slower. We're already downloading those program images on the fly, so adding cover art treatment to that would make it even more work on demand.

I reckon if it was implemented as separate category within CoverArt settings (which would make sense seeing images provided come from a different source), those that find it too slow might opt for "no treatment" as other categories whereas those that want to keep it would accept the the trade-off.

• Like 1

You have my head racing with ideas. Besides studio or embedded channel number, I would love to be able to set an icon so I could tell what the source is.  For example is it from one of my hardware tuners or an m3u file.

I for example often have the same show/movie/event show up multiple ways and would prefer to use a hardware tuner when available for recording or play back and this would make that job a little easier.

• Like 2