MovieDB ignoring backdrops with text

crusher11

Happy2Play

The plugin is doing what it is suppose to as a backdrop must be textless ie NULL backbrops.  Will have to see if the same can be done for TVDB backdrops also.  This is a provider defect.

Only change that will eventually happen is the addition to text based backdrops to Thump/landscape.

No need to bump a topic where the provider is the issue and we are correcting that issue.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
Just now, crusher11 said:

Removing images that were previously accessible is not fixing an issue. 

It actually is. 

• Agree 1

crusher11
Just now, GrimReaper said:

It actually is. 

No it isn't. The issue could have been fixed simply by not selecting them as the default. Alternatively, moving them to the Thumbs section. Removing them completely just makes it significantly harder to use them as thumbs, or to use them in instances where there are no alternatives.

Previously, you always had the option not to use those images. Now, there's no way to use them whether you want to or not, as backdrops or otherwise. 

Happy2Play

The issue is previously was wrong so that defect was corrected.  So reinstating defects will get just as much pushback.  

Text base backdrops should always be excluded for the backdrops section.

• Agree 1

crusher11
8 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

The issue is previously was wrong so that defect was corrected.  So reinstating defects will get just as much pushback.  

Text base backdrops should always be excluded for the backdrops section.

How is it a defect? You can always choose not to use them.

I frequently grabbed them to use as thumbs. Now, that's not an option.

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I frequently grabbed them to use as thumbs. Now, that's not an option.

Add image by URL. 

crusher11

Previously: hit the magnifying glass, look at what's available, download, resize, add.

Now: Go to TMDB, type in the name, click on it, hover over "media", select "backdrops", look at what's available, download, resize, add.

This is a colossal waste of time if it turns out there aren't any, which is frequently the case.

crusher11

So...are we ever going to get these images added as thumbs, or something?

I don't understand why you would just remove a whole lot of images from access in Emby, and then leave it like that.

crusher11

But when is that going to happen? It's been over a month since they were removed. I really need to restart my server but I can't because I'll lose access to them when this plug in updates. 

• 2 weeks later...
crusher11

Why would you not have it sorted before removing the images from the backdrops section?

I'm currently unable to reboot my server because I'll lose access to all those images if I do.

• 4 weeks later...
crusher11
On 12/5/2021 at 6:43 PM, Luke said:

HI, yes it's on the to do list. thanks.

It's been three months since you removed those image types from backdrops. They still haven't been added to thumbs. Why would you not do both at the same time?

This change is great for people who just want to add movies and have Emby take care of everything, but it's a massive pain if you're actually manually setting up your artwork. 

crusher11

I've now been forced to restart my server, so I no longer have access to images I can quickly use to create thumbnails.

This really should have all been done in one go.

• 5 weeks later...