Live TV

LeftForPlex

krustyreturns

@@mezz64,

Do you have channel icons?  I would like to know if those also work (they should if the rest is, but still).  Also please check to make sure the live-tv status page still shows the status as okay.

Thanks a lot for working through it, much appreciated.

Edited by krustyreturns

krustyreturns

@@techywarrior,

This version of the plugin only works with some changes the MBS team made to the core, so unfortunately you won't be able to use it until they role out these changes to release.  I think @@Luke told me it would be soon.  

techywarrior

ok. Too bad I didn't know the channel icon issue was related. I manually uploaded all the images because I thought it had something to do with me copying MBS from Windows to unRAID. At least I only have 9 channels. lol

krustyreturns

Oh, another thing to test is to watch a tv show while it is recording.

Channel icons, if found, are distributed through the rec tv folder in a cache.  So its worth testing too.

Edited by krustyreturns

I'll check the watching while recording later tonight.  All my channel icons populated just fine and the status page still shows as OK.

krustyreturns

Thanks for getting anxious, I was hoping someone would be willing to work through this - I am flying blind since I can't test it.  I assume you have no trouble accessing the rec tv folder using the '/rectv' path on your linux box? What do you see on the live-tv status page, because that page should tell you whether the rec tv folder is accessible.

Thanks for getting anxious, I was hoping someone would be willing to work through this - I am flying blind since I can't test it.  I assume you have no trouble accessing the rec tv folder using the '/rectv' path on your linux box? What do you see on the live-tv status page, because that page should tell you whether the rec tv folder is accessible.

The LiveTV status page says everything is OK.  I can access the mount fine in mediabrowser.  All the files show up OK if I browse to the /rectv path.

I thought maybe it was having an issue since the UNC path is still defined in ServerWMC, but the gui wouldn't let me save the configuration unless I had a valid path defined.

krustyreturns

No, its important the unc path stay in serverwmc (and be set correctly).  I have screwed up somewhere.  Let me look over the code, and let you know when I put up a new plugin to test.

krustyreturns

I have a new version.  I don't want you to have to rebuild MBS, so what is the dev version of MBS you are running?  

I have a new version.  I don't want you to have to rebuild MBS, so what is the dev version of MBS you are running?  

I built from the latest git master branch.  Version 3.0.5410.26214

krustyreturns

Ok, I put up the new version.  Its version 1.0.0.47.  Due to some weirdness on my side, you may have to re-enter the linux path in the config page of the plugin.

• Like 1

Oh, another thing to test is to watch a tv show while it is recording.

Channel icons, if found, are distributed through the rec tv folder in a cache.  So its worth testing too.

Finally got around to checking this.  I started a recording from MediaBrowser and was able to watch the recorded file and the channel while the recording was in progress.  Only thing I couldn't do was seek ahead while watching the in-progress recorded file, but that may be the expected behavior.

Overall, everything seems to be working well.

• 2 months later...
reluctantflux

I think I'm having the same issue.  I'm running Mediabrowser 3.0.5490.2 off of a Docker Container on an unRaid host.  I'm running ServerWMC 1.0.0.52 build 1175, and it sees all of the channel data and everything.  LiveTV isn't working though, and I don't have any settings in the ServerWMC Live TV plugin.  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

Edited:

Figured it out!  

I had to open my config page from http://myddns.com:8096/mediabrowser instead of http://app.mediabrowser.tv.  Then click on Plugins left menu item and click the ServerWMC plugin to get to the secret settings.  This secret settings area is not accessible if you get to the mediabrowser config through the web client http://app.mediabrowser.tv.

Mediabrowser is getting SO close to becoming my all in one solution.  You guys rock!

Edited by reluctantflux

breezytm

I think I'm having the same issue.  I'm running Mediabrowser 3.0.5490.2 off of a Docker Container on an unRaid host.  I'm running ServerWMC 1.0.0.52 build 1175, and it sees all of the channel data and everything.  LiveTV isn't working though, and I don't have any settings in the ServerWMC Live TV plugin.  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

Edited:

Figured it out!  

I had to open my config page from http://myddns.com:8096/mediabrowser instead of http://app.mediabrowser.tv.  Then click on Plugins left menu item and click the ServerWMC plugin to get to the secret settings.  This secret settings area is not accessible if you get to the mediabrowser config through the web client http://app.mediabrowser.tv.

Mediabrowser is getting SO close to becoming my all in one solution.  You guys rock!

You are not the only one. I am having the same issues. I've been having a lot of different issues since upgrading to that version. But I am sure dev is on it that's have I haven't rolled back yet. 

• 1 month later...
MSattler

Is there an update on this?  Right now this is keeping me from fully migrating from Windows over to Linux.

Thanks!

MSattler

I replied to it because it was my own thread, and the issue exists again.

It's as it was described in the last posts in October.

ServerWMC 1.0.0.52  and any latest version of MB3 on Linux will not work with Live TV.

I mean, if you really want, I'll create yet another thread, but obviously there is history in this one.  When others were having the same issue in October, and there was no update, I abandoned trying to do this.  If you would rather me create a new thread every 3 months, describing the same issue I have, and asking for an update I suppose I can do that.  Just makes for hell when searching against Live Tv in this forum.

*EDIT* I should add, Dravor is my account, just ended up using this one, once I set it up for MediaBrowser Connect.

Thanks,

Marcus

Edited by MSattler

MSattler

Not to be a dick, but perhaps you should heed your own advice and read the entire thread yourself..... Later on in the thread the issue comes up again:

reluctantflux, on 12 Jan 2015 - 3:12 PM, said:snapback.png

Thanks!

Edited:

Figured it out!  

I had to open my config page from http://myddns.com:8096/mediabrowser instead of http://app.mediabrowser.tv.  Then click on Plugins left menu item and click the ServerWMC plugin to get to the secret settings.  This secret settings area is not accessible if you get to the mediabrowser config through the web clienthttp://app.mediabrowser.tv.

You are not the only one. I am having the same issues. I've been having a lot of different issues since upgrading to that version. But I am sure dev is on it that's have I haven't rolled back yet. 

Edited by MSattler

Right but then he edits his own post with 

Thanks!

Edited:

Figured it out!  

So it looks like he did the same thing you did - he didn't read the updates to the thread and just asked for help. Then he went back and read and figured it out.

MSattler

Right but then he edits his own post with 

So it looks like he did the same thing you did - he didn't read the updates to the thread and just asked for help. Then he went back and read and figured it out.

And then someone replied and posted:

"You are not the only one. I am having the same issues. I've been having a lot of different issues since upgrading to that version. But I am sure dev is on it that's have I haven't rolled back yet. "

But fine, I'll open up another thread with the same information.