Changing MediaSource[].MediaStream[].IsInterlaced property

sihy

Hi,

Thanks for producing Emby, great software.

Most of my files are TV recordings and unfortunately Emby/ffprobe doesn't correctly detect that the video is interlaced a lot of the time.

I'm using the http/json API to modify .Overview and .Name by requesting /User/{UserID}/Items/{Id}, modifying the appropriate fields, and then POSTing back to /User/Items/{Id}.

I'm using bash and jq, here is the POSTed json (embyjson is the original received from Emby):

newmetadata="$(echo "${embyjson}" | jq -r --arg a "${overview}" --arg b "${name}" --arg inda ${mediasourcesindex} --arg indb ${mediastreamsindex} '.Overview=$a | .Name=$b | .MediaSources[$inda|tonumber].MediaStreams[$indb|tonumber].IsInterlaced=true | .MediaStreams[$indb|tonumber].IsInterlaced=true')"

Echoing this gives the expected valid json, and it is accepted by Emby. The MediaSources and MediaStreams indices are determined/changed for the video streams only, the rest are left as they are (false).

The overview and name are then correctly shown in Emby clients but the IsInterlaced values of true are not changed. Querying the API for the json again reveals that the IsInterlaced values remain as false.

Is there any way to change the IsInterlaced values by API or can this only be done by an Emby server ffprobe, or am I doing it wrong?

Cheers,

Simon

Edited by sihy