Launch directly to DOWNLOADS or SELECT SERVER when not local?

roaku

roaku

My Emby server is only configured for local access.

When launching the Android app, it always tries to reconnect with the local server, which is great when I'm on the local network.

But because this is a blocking action for the app,  it also means that when my device is *not* on the local network, I have to wait for the request to timeout before I can get to the downloads screen and start using Emby.

Is there any trick to immediately access the downloads or select server screen on launch?

• Like 2

Hi, yes I agree that improvement is needed in this regard. Thanks for the feedback.

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...
heffeque

Also, when no connection is available, is there a way to directly access the Downloads folder of the last accessed server? (if "remember login" was activated in that last accessed server).

My workaround to be able to watch a movie on a plane, was to enable data (before takeoff), then the app would auto-login, then I could disable data again and continue into the Downloads section. But if I closed the app by mistake and no connection is available... then there's no going back.

Cheers!

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, heffeque said:

My workaround to be able to watch a movie on a plane, was to enable data (before takeoff), then the app would auto-login, then I could disable data again and continue into the Downloads section. But if I closed the app by mistake and no connection is available... then there's no going back.

Edit: Rephrased as I suppose I misread your query.

Why are you not able to access your downloads while offline, if you closed the app by mistake?

heffeque
13 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Edit: Rephrased as I suppose I misread your query.

Why are you not able to access your downloads while offline, if you closed the app by mistake?

Because when I open it is asks me to chose a server, instead of going directly to the Downloads section of my "remembered login" session, and if there is no available internet connection... no way to get to my Downloaded files, as sadly in my case, the videos are not visible from the device's File explorer (OS's original explorer or 3rd party explorer).

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, heffeque said:

Because when I open it is asks me to chose a server, instead of going directly to the Downloads section of my "remembered login" session, and if there is no available internet connection... no way to get to my Downloaded files, as sadly in my case, the videos are not visible from the device's File explorer (OS's original explorer or 3rd party explorer).

There's the "Downloads" folder shortcut on your Select Server screen (very last button), it is intentionally designed so that no session is required to access those (as you're offline, how could you be logged-in). 

Disable both your WiFi and Mobile data, start Emby app, wait for timeout (wait... wait...) for Select Server screen to show. Scroll all the way for down. 

• Thanks 1