Metrics plugin for Prometheus

cyrenbyren

cyrenbyren

Hello! I don't know how interested people are in this in general, but I'm sure I am not the only one who wants to pull metrics off of Emby. Since I use Prometheus for a lot of other things, I figured why not make this a thing! I actually used to have a separate exporter for this, but this just seems neater.

Anyhow, this will create a /metrics endpoint, which means you will just need to point Prometheus to your regular server address (e.g. https://my-emby-server:8920) and it will know what to do.

Currently, the metrics produced are:
- Emby info:
  - emby_info{instance="my_emby", version="4.6.4.0", id="41ca63b088f92613efaa969943df0f0d"}
- Library counts:
  - emby_movie_count{instance="my_emby"}
  - emby_series_count{instance="my_emby"}
  - emby_episode_count{instance="my_emby"})
- Active sessions:
  - emby_sessions{instance="my_emby", user="me", type="Episode", state="Playing", name="Cowboy Bebop - S01E12"}
  - emby_sessions{instance="my_emby", user="me", type="Movie", state="Playing", name="Fire in the Sky"}

Have a go if you're so inclined, and let me know if there are any other types of metrics you'd want to include. These are the ones I've found most useful for my own dashboard, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Emby.Metrics.dll

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2