Added Emby Premiere key - trailers error - Supporter membership required

Chipsta040365

Chipsta040365

I added my Emby premier Key Last night and went around adding clients thru roku, amazon, iPhone etc.

All was fine and Dandy until today I tried to show a trailer on my iPhone and I got a popup support membership required

I am a lifetime support with emby premier! I checked my server when I got home and notice no key, so I copied and pasted it back in, restarted the server and I still get the message

What is going on???

Please help!

Happy2Play

Have you verified when you are copy and pasting no additional spaces are being added?  Also could you post a server log.  You maybe having issues communicating with the authentication server.  Do you have any software that could be blocking network traffic?

Chipsta040365

Hello Luke and Happy to Play.

I noticed a message to restart server it updated MBserver (Emby Server 3.0.6400)

after a restart it slowly propagated across my network and devices and is working again

Thank you both for quick replies!!

quick side note/question

I set the emby server service to restart after 1st, 2nd and subsequent failures is set to reboot my server machine, so It will always be on and running

(no more squawking when I get home it crashed or was unavailable)

Can this have caused the issue or the server update??

PS. Server admin since 1999 - I know some fixes/updates break other things

I will put the log up tomorrow

Happy2Play

Running as a server requires manual intervention for updates.  The community has come up with an updater when running as a service, discussed here.

What probably happened is the server tried to validate the key before the network was ready and this caused it to fail. After so many consecutive days of that it will revert to unlicensed status.