No thumb for actors/cast is downloaded unless I click for movie details

onewaytrigger

onewaytrigger

I performed a people refresh and a refresh on my movie node on metadata manager, but no thumb for actors is downloaded. The only way is clicking on the movie (in the web interface) but I would have to do that for every movie.

I know there might be some limitation for download requests, I don't wanna to download all thumb at once, but in almost one month only 2K thumbs were downloaded (I have 1.4K movies)

Edited by onewaytrigger

Happy2Play

Depending on your configuration, but Yes.  Images are downloaded as needed.  Have you enabled "Download all images in advance"? Metadata-Settings  But read the note when activating, on new media going forward.

The biggest thing that help my actor images is the Trailer plugin, since you get all the same metadata from the trailer as you do the actual movie so browsing around in trailers help populate Actor images.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Is this a new issue in Emby?  Or something you just noticed?

onewaytrigger

Depending on your configuration, but Yes.  Images are downloaded as needed.  Have you enabled "Download all images in advance"? Metadata-Settings  But read the note when activating, on new media going forward.

The biggest thing that help my actor images is the Trailer plugin, since you get all the same metadata from the trailer as you do the actual movie so browsing around in trailers help populate Actor images.

Damn, I forgt that option, You mean that it only will download actor thumbs for new movies from now on? What if I remove all source and scan it again?

Happy2Play

If metadata already exist then, No because it will just read existing metadata.

onewaytrigger

I've been using Emby for almost 2 yaers. Maybe I navigated all movies to get all thumbs, maybe it was automated, I'm not sure. Unfortunately I forgot to backup my 'People' folder when I did a fresh install a month ago.

So, even if I install that trailler plugin, I need to browse throught all movies to get thumbs downloaded?

Edited by onewaytrigger

Happy2Play

It is a different process now do to limitations applied by TMDB to throttle requests, compared to what Emby did 2 years ago.

I feel your pain as I know it world take forever to get my 52GB People folder repopulated.

onewaytrigger

What if I backup my metadada , delete them from sources and perform a library refresh? It would download all thumbs since no metadata exists?

Happy2Play

You probably could but there is still no way to expect Emby to scan that much data and not take weeks or months to attempt to get all the images at 20+ actors per movie (Furious 7 has 126 cast and crew listed in one movie)

Also check your People setting. Library-Advanced-People

onewaytrigger

I wouldn't mind how much time it takes, besides my movie library is not that huge. It could be an option on Emby to download missing thumbs. 

About my plan: if delete my metadata, emby scan my movies downloading all thumbs, when I return my previous edited metadata Emby will refresh them with thumb paths?

Edited by onewaytrigger

Happy2Play

I guess "search for missing metadata" should do that.  But hell click on each movies sound like less work then backing up metadata, clearing library, rescanning, then restoring metadata.

Edited by Happy2Play

onewaytrigger

I guess the same  :lol: I've been doing it for about 2 hours...

I don't get what is IMDB or TMDB limitations since when I click on a movie it download all thumbs avaiable almost instantly.

Happy2Play

Best guess since there are only 6 actor visible by default it doesn't create an issue, but if you click more do they all populate?  FYI nothing in Emby actually comes from IMDB.

onewaytrigger

I made a test monitoring 'People' folder. When a click on the movie it downloads the 6 thumbs if needed. For the rest you have to click on more and scroll down leaving the movie page only when all avaiable thumbs are loaded (and downloaded). Around 6 secs for each movie.

Edited by onewaytrigger

Do you really need to have them ahead of time? The way it is now they are not downloaded until they are needed. Unfortunately we have been asked by the websites that host these images not to hammer them by downloading tens of thousands of images all at once, so we had to adjust to that.

• Like 1

onewaytrigger

Do you really need to have them ahead of time? The way it is now they are not downloaded until they are needed. Unfortunately we have been asked by the websites that host these images not to hammer them by downloading tens of thousands of images all at once, so we had to adjust to that.

Not really. But I'm looking to store everything locally since I'm using Kodi and I have a poor quality connection, and often I'm offline, I can't rely on fecthing data online. Like I said above I don't need everything at once if it were an option it would be better taking weeks than click on every movie and populating cast thumbs, like I'm doing now.

onewaytrigger

What I mean wouldn't be possible to adjust Emby to download all thumbs avaiable but without overcharge the hosts bandwidth I dunno, something like 1 thumb each 10 seconds.