LiveTV Recording and PrePadding

Vitale4

Vitale4

I setup a series recording which has a 1 minute of prepadding and 2 minutes of post padding.  When I look at my recording on a Mac or PC, it shows that the show is only 1 minute long.  However, while playing it, it continues into the actual show I recorded.  If I watch the same show on ROKU via the EMBY app, it will stop itself after the 1 minute of prepadding.

I am testing now with 0 minutes of prepadding to see if that makes a difference.

Can someone let me know if there is something I need to set to ensure the actual recorded show and length is available and accurately displays the play time.

Thanks

Vitale4

So I tested with 0 for prepadding and it shows the show is 4 minutes long.  I recorded NCIS which is 1 hour.  any assistance would be great.  This has worked in the past, but not sure when it changed.

Guest asrequested

So I tested with 0 for prepadding and it shows the show is 4 minutes long.  I recorded NCIS which is 1 hour.  any assistance would be great.  This has worked in the past, but not sure when it changed.

You should post a server log and details of the file, possibly a screenshot of the media info

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by Doofus

Yea the next time it happens, please capture an Emby Server log from the time of the recording. Thanks.

legallink

So, this happens to me as well. If I refresh the metadata it appears correctly and everything is fine. From what I can tell, the big issue is that when you are recording, the minute the file is created is the minute the server does the metadata population, and it doesn't look back after that.

This happens to me in both tv recordings, as well as when I update files with the same format/title. You have to force a metadata refresh.

Ok, so this is an issue of refreshing media info, not an issue with the actual recording process. Thanks.

Vitale4

Ok -- will test later tonight and post logs.  Will then do a refresh of the MetaData and see if that works.  Question though -- how did you refresh the meta data?  I normally go into the scheduled tasks area and execute each of the items..  Will that work?

Just scheduled a show at 8pm EST -- Big Bang Theory as a test.  Setting is 1 minute prepad and 2 minutes post padding

Will pull logs at 8:30 and attach

Edited by Vitale4

From the 3-dot menu on the detail screen. Obviously you shouldn't have to do this after a recording so we'll need to fix that, but this gives you a workaround in the meantime.

Vitale4

Just verified that the refresh option does work.  I have 2 recordings which had 1 minute, did refresh and now it is the correct 33 minutes.

Thanks -- looking forward to the fix.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Vitale4

So I now have EMBY Server version 3.0.6010.0 and have had a show recorded last night.  The recording time appears to be correct now.  Not sure if this version fixed the problem or if it was something else, but I did not have the same problem as reported earlier.