Collections View Problem.

Wob76

Wob76

Hi,

Somehow lost all the collections under the Collections View. They are still there in the metadata manager, and I can see them under Movies View.

Anyone know how I can restore them.

Also is it still possible to have a Collection Generate artwork, see my 3D Movies Collection, it used to pull the posters from the movies in the collection are render an image like the main menu, but that stopped working at some point.

574d0c01d64af_1.png

574d0c14d20b7_2.png

574d0c20c1c45_3.png

Deathsquirrel

The image generation for collections was disabled and is expected to return in a future release when it respects parental controls.

For the main issue are these collections you created as folders in Windows or virtual collections created in Emby?

Edited by Deathsquirrel

Wob76

The image generation for collections was disabled and is expected to return in a future release when it respects parental controls.

For the main issue are these collections you created as folders in Windows or virtual collections created in Emby?

Hi,

They are emby collections, most of them are from Auto Boxset plugin, a couple I manually created from within Emby. They were all showing fine, but I removed the 3D Collection so I could recreate and see if the artwork would work, that is when they all disappeared.

Wob

Wob76

So you might be on to something, I did do some clean up of folders recently that I think might be the cause.

My Collections are also in folders, but I did rename them, adding the work Collection onto most of them.

So for example "Back to the Future" became "Back to the Future Collection"

I didn't think this would have any effect on the views, and I had blamed the removed of the 3D collection for the issue, but maybe it is linked.

If I go into Metadata Manager and look at the Collections Tree, it all looks fine.

574d1ce806108_4.png

But, under the Movies tree it looks very different.

574d1d05328be_5.png

And the setting for that collection.

574d1dc2dcf00_6.png

But even if the folder name and collection name don't match, it is still doing the same thing (not showing in collection view). See here "The Matrix Collection" matches "The Matrix Trilogy" folder.

574d1e436ddac_7.png

dcook

Would you happy to know what version of EMBY Server this was disabled in?  

I want to try to uninstall the version I have now and stick with the version just prior to Collections being disabled until they are able to fix it.

What version of Auto box sets do you have?

Because that folder looks like it was created by a very old one.

Wob76

What version of Auto box sets do you have?

Because that folder looks like it was created by a very old one.

Auto Box Sets
That particular collection has been in my Library for some time.

Wob76

Well, it seems to have sorted it out at some point today, I checked this morning when I sent my previous message and they were still missing, but I just looked now and they are all back under the Collection View.