WMC for Media Center- blank screen?

thewallace
Go to solution Solved by thewallace,

thewallace

I've been running Emby Classic for WMC for a couple of years and just had to wipe Windows and refresh things to Windows 7-64 Ultimate. My family is so used to Emby Classic and the scrolling folder layout I want to keep it as long as possible.

I just reinstalled installed Emby for WMC and when I open it I get a black screen for about 10 seconds, and then it goes to a blank blue media center screen (see attachment). Emby Server requires .net 4.62 which doesn't work with Windows 7.

So am I too old school? Is there a way to install and Emby product that will retain the 'scrolling folder' view in WMC that's been around so long?  Thanks for any input.

thewallace

Yes, I had forgotten SP1 so installed it.

But same issue as before: WMC on its own shows the movie library. But when I open Emby for WMC it hangs for about about 10 seconds and then opens to the same blue screen. Any ideas?

epayson85

You never attached the picture, any chance you could attach it?  Where is your emby server located? Has it even asked / attempted to connect to your emby server and have you login?  

Did you attempt to copy your configuration from a previous install?

If so, I would try starting fresh.

thewallace

I'm confused about which components I need, Emby software seems to have changed a lot over the years.

Do I need Emby server as well as Emby for WMC? I thought Emby server used .net 4.6.2 which is only compatible with Windows 10.  What exactly do I need to put in place for Emby for WMC on WIndows 7/64? Thanks for any help.

epayson85

That's honestly what I figured but didn't want to flat out ask. You need to install Emby server first and set it up / point it at your media libraries.

I believe it only requires .net 4.6... I have never even heard of 4.6.2 but regardless Emby server runs on Windows 7 just fine.

• Solution
thewallace

Figured it out. Thanks for being patient...not sure what happened...I must have got hold of the wrong .net version somehow...or just blanked out.

All is good now.

• Like 1