Mysterious Channel in Live TV Guide

theniteow1

theniteow1

Hello, I have a channel that is in my guide, and I have no idea where it is coming from.  It's not in WMC, and if I use the GuideTool from 1geek1tool, it doesn't show that it exists.  It has no programming information, and it's not tuneable.  Yet, Emby has imported this channel from some where.  How do I get rid of it?  Is there a way to delete a channel manually if I have to?  I don't see an option of doing that.

574769c67c593_Mysterious_Channel.png

at the moment you can't. it needs to be removed from the source so that it's never imported.

theniteow1

at the moment you can't. it needs to be removed from the source so that it's never imported.

Understood.  That's the problem, I don't know where this is coming from.  Really strange.  Thanks anyway.

Guest asrequested

I just made a favorites list and didn't include it. It's still there (and mine is an Asian channel, I think) but way lower in the guide, so I don't see it.

I just made a favorites list and didn't include it. It's still there (and mine is an Asian channel, I think) but way lower in the guide, so I don't see it.

that's actually a good way to track down the issue. enable the favorites filter on the tuner setup, which will limit the channels that are imported from HDHR. Then you can use that to toggle some and figure out which one it is.

Guest asrequested

that's actually a good way to track down the issue. enable the favorites filter on the tuner setup, which will limit the channels that are imported from HDHR. Then you can use that to toggle some and figure out which one it is.

I hit a snag with that, Luke. When I enabled favorites in the tuner, I lost all channels. A completely empty guide. I shall continue to test, once the guide has refreshed.

Guest asrequested

Well, I don't know what happened, I didn't change anything but the phantom channel has gone. The guide is fully populated. Maybe when the guide was refreshed after the mishap, it corrected itself? Well done, team! The elves deserve a raise  :)  :rolleyes:

• Like 1