Issue with emby server update 3.0.5934.0

grbharati

grbharati

Hi,

Emby is not able to retrieve m3u playlist in live TV after the update. It was working fine with previous versions and the m3u link is active (I can download and play it with vlc) but emby cannot access it.

And I also get error in notification center as : "Check for application updates failed."

Can anybody check the attached log files and point me in right direction. Thanks.

server-63597925524.txt

server-63597926193.txt

Edited by grbharati

All outgoing http requests are failing, to all hosts. Make sure the machine can access the internet. If it's running inside a VM, make sure the VM has a network connection.

grbharati

Hi Luke thanks for the reply, I just checked it. CLI ping works, I guess that means emby server can access the internet. I am using docker. Are hosts and google.com / facebook.com etc are different things. I tried it with facebook, google and some http servers. ping was working fine.

A Ping is not necessarily going to replicate what is going on with the program.  It also won't be running in the same context. The specific problem is DNS related:

Error: NameResolutionFailure

Make sure the docker container has access to network resources

grbharati

Hi Luke and ebr, Emby has access to all the volumes i have mounted. I can create new library from the shared volume. But fetching new data from open subtitle is not working anymore. Emby container is not able to access internet. I am not sure how to fix this issue.

Hi Luke and ebr, Emby has access to all the volumes i have mounted. I can create new library from the shared volume. But fetching new data from open subtitle is not working anymore. Emby container is not able to access internet. I am not sure how to fix this issue.

Well I imagine open subtitles is working fine but anything that requires the internet is not going to work. @@fc7 do you have any advice? Thanks.