Subtitles will not load

mystic.bertie

babgvant

I'm having the same issue. Subtitle won't display with EVR+ and although MadVR works on my system the video get shifted up so there is a huge black bar on the bottom and the top of the video is cut off when I use MadVR.

Try this one. Had to change subtitle scaling to happen in the CP, not sure why it didn't want to handle it in the filter for this file.

As a bonus, the CP now positions subs (by default) off the bottom of the frame instead of using XySubFilter's position #.

Edited by babgvant

mystic.bertie

This problem is still happening for me. Im Using MadVr. As mentioned in another thread, evr+ with subtitles causes playback problems so i cant test evr+.

Using MadVr

If a movie has no internal subtiltes, the external polish subtitles will play fine.

If a movie has internal subtitles, i  click the cc button, there is 3 to choose from, 2 are english, 1 is polish. If i select the external polish subtitle i get nothing. If i select either of the internal english subtitles, it displays the polish subtitles.

I had done a fresh install of emby theatre and deleted the folders, this did not help.

Edited by mystic.bertie

babgvant

Updated version to try out. The scaling scheme has been changed dramatically as well as the offset being a % instead of a fixed int value (always the intent, just unimplemented before).

babgvant.zip

lorac

@@babgvant No change with your attachment. Now on 2.19 and latest server beta (35 I believe).  Here are some logs.

EVR won't show subtitles and movies will play for a little while and then stop.  TV shows will play for roughly 1:30 and then skip to the next episode.

I also noticed with 2.19 that NDP46-KB3045560-web.exe comes up via UAC every time I start ET. A reboot and reinstalling makes no difference.

emby-server.txt

theater-63596245693.txt

theater-63596246055.txt

that's the .net framework version 4.6. In one of the next couple versions i'm going to change the targeting to 4.6, so if you don't have it installed the app is going to fail to run.

babgvant

@@babgvant No change with your attachment. Now on 2.19 and latest server beta (35 I believe).  Here are some logs.

EVR won't show subtitles and movies will play for a little while and then stop.  TV shows will play for roughly 1:30 and then skip to the next episode.

I also noticed with 2.19 that NDP46-KB3045560-web.exe comes up via UAC every time I start ET. A reboot and reinstalling makes no difference.

Please enable debug level logging and provide those logs. The information necessary to troubleshoot isn't written otherwise.

justpig

This is an ongoing issue that has  been raised many times. I am sure they are working to fix it. I am experiencing the same problem which results in me switching back to Kodi with the Emby plugin because the Wife requires subtitles. 

babgvant

I am having similar issues with subtitles as described by @@feardamhan. Also .pgs subtitles though selected will not display. 

Did you replace the presenter with 1.0.1.0 (a few posts back)?

babgvant

Yes, I did. The results are the same as before.

OK. In that case I need a log with debug level logging enabled. I cannot provide any assistance without that.

babgvant

I cannot find an option in Emby theatre to enable debug logging. 

You have to modify system.xml (in the config folder) directly.

babgvant

"Couldn't get EVR Presenter (babgvant)" explains it.

Can you use "Depends" to determine if a dependency is missing?

1. Open Depends
  2. drag the dll in from COMObjects\babgvant
  3. Click View : Collapse All
  4. Click the plus sign for the dll
  5. Take a screenshot of the dependencies (e.g. below)

post-1109-0-42124300-1460718830_thumb.jpg

babgvant

That looks good. Are you able to regsvr32 it?

Open an escalated cmd prompt and type:

Register:

regsvr32 pathtoevrpresenter.dll

Unregister:

regsvr32 pathtoevrpresenter.dll /u

babgvant

Replace Emby.Theater.DirectShow.dll with this one. I've added logging around creating the COM objects.

babgvant

Did that, same result.

I just added logging to provide more information around what's going wrong. Please provide the ET log.

babgvant

2016-04-15 13:56:35.0242 Debug URCOMLoader: Load: EVR Presenter (babgvant) Version: 1.0.0.8
2016-04-15 13:56:35.1121 Debug URCOMLoader: CreateInstance EVR Presenter (babgvant): 0
2016-04-15 13:56:35.1121 Debug URCOMLoader: Got Object System.__ComObject from 5325df1c-6f10-4292-b8fb-be855f99f88a
2016-04-15 13:56:35.1121 Debug InternalDirectShowPlayer: Got EVR Presenter (babgvant)

Looks like it overwrote the 1.0.1.0 CP, can you put it back and try again?