Server Reboot required after update

Harblar

Harblar

So I've finally got Emby server up and running correctly on my unRAID server, but I've noticed that if I update Emby I have to completely reboot the unRAID server to access it. The Web UI for Emby refuses to load, yet after a complete reboot it works fine. Is this a bug or is there a setting/procedure somewhere that I'm missing?

hurricanehrndz

So I've finally got Emby server up and running correctly on my unRAID server, but I've noticed that if I update Emby I have to completely reboot the unRAID server to access it. The Web UI for Emby refuses to load, yet after a complete reboot it works fine. Is this a bug or is there a setting/procedure somewhere that I'm missing?

This could be because you have two containers competing for the same port. Please check your syslogs. Our docker template sets our container to use networking host by default, which allows users to have access to upnp out of the box. If you have another container that is taking over those ports emby might fail to start. Please stop any other containers that might use upnp and report back. 

Just so you know I have developed and always run emby from my unRAID instance and I have personally never encountered an issue where I need to restart my unRAID server. It has been up for over 300 days.

Edited by hurricanehrndz