Posters with name title, plus unread counts

didster

Hi,

New to emby after coming from Plex.  Largely as the new native plex HTPC client is awful, and the integration with Kodi is full of bugs.

Couple of quick questions on the web client.

Is there anyway to get all posters to show the overlay with the title?  Like "AfterDeath" in posters.jpg? 

The "top level" unwatched counts seem totally messed up...  If you look at top.jpg it shows 2 unwatched items in x-files, but if you look at in.jpg, there are loads.

Are there any themes that increase the spacing between the poster cards?

Many thanks

post-113811-0-77228900-1455397142_thumb.jpg

post-113811-0-18792900-1455397246_thumb.jpg

post-113811-0-97947000-1455397249_thumb.jpg

Hi, and welcome. In your first screenshot, we only do that when there is no thumb and we have to substitute with a backdrop. Since backdrops typically don't have text, that's why we're overlaying it there. This is probably a good setting to have to always show the title but we don't have it right now.

What you can do though in some of the list views is switch to the Poster Card view. Not only will this give you the title but also a little more spacing.

For example:

56bf9aa8e26e0_Untitled.png

Thumb card will also show the text.

Yes this is a good point, there is also Thumb Card if you prefer the 16 * 9 images.

Thanks Guys, very helpful.

Any thoughts on the unwatched counts?  It seems miles off on all of them for TV shows at the series level, but fine once your drill down into the series.  I have tried a library refresh.

Thanks

We would probably have to look at one specific example, which I think will then explain it for all of them.

OK.  The screen shots above show an example for the x-files, the top level series shows 2 unwatched items, each series [10 of them] has about 23 unwatched when you drill down.  The unwatched count should be 202.  Or... is it that it only shows the unwatched count for the last season in a series?  [which is indeed 2]

How does Emby build this information?  So I can force it to redo it and post some logs. 

Happy2Play

The Home screen Latest Media has been like that forever,  I believe it is do to display limits so as newer media added it pull episode counts away from oldest episodes.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21631-tv-unwatched-inconsistancies/?hl=%2Blatest+%2Bmedia+%2Bunwatched+%2Bcount