Re-add movie removed from server

vmcosco

vmcosco

I am running Emby for Kodi on my FireTV with the Titan skin

I refreshed the movie details for movie within the movie info screen in Kodi (maybe I shouldn't do that). When I did the that, the option to "remove item from server" popped up. I said yes because I assumed it meant the old nfo file or something. Turns out, the item was removed from Kodi, but it is still showing on the Emby server and any Emby apps (iPad) that I'm using.

Is there a way to get this movie back in Kodi?

Angelblue05

Run a manual sync. You can find the option by launching the emby for kodi add-on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

vmcosco

Thanks. I did a manual sync from the add on in Kodi. That did not add the movie back into Kodi. I verified that the file is still present and the movie is showing in the server. Any other thoughts?

Angelblue05

Ah ok... For now you'll have to do a database reset. I will fix this soon. Do not refresh items via the kodi interface... It messed up with the library.

Why did you run click refresh anyway? Was there an issue with the item?

vmcosco

I can do a refresh. That's not a problem.

I think I did the recess because maybe the studio or MPAA rating was missing. Nothing important. And I will be sure not to do it again

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@vmcosco

Have you reset your database yet?

If you haven't, can you install this build? Then head to your metadata manager and hit save on the content you need to re-add to Kodi. It should recreate the missing entry. You won't need to do a reset.

Edit: I'll be pushing to beta in a few hours. The fix is in beta 2.1.3

Edited by Angelblue05

vmcosco

If I install Beta 2.1.3 in Kodi will I lose all of the settings in the stable version I am using?  Do I need to uninstall the stable?

Angelblue05

You said you are using 2.1.1 which is the beta version, not stable. You do not need to uninstall anything. You can just install over it, and that's it. It will not erase your existing settings. Go to your add-ons > do a check for new updates. It should find 2.1.3 in the Emby beta repo (which should be installed since you said you were using 2.1.1

However, if you are using version 1.1.62 which is the stable version, then just wait for the new version we will release tomorrow instead (which will be 2.1.3). I hope this clarifies the situation rather than confuse you :) Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

vmcosco

Sorry for the delay in replying.  I was out of town so I couldn't test.  I can confirm that this fix works.  The previously removed movie is now showing up in Kodi again.

• Like 1