Cannot sync emby for kodi on android M8S

dakaratekid

dakaratekid

I installed emby for kodi 1.02 on an android set top device (M8S).  After configuring, I received an error about cannot connect to the Emby Server.  Then it will display performing sync, with the progress stuck at 0 forever.  I know that the emby server is reachable, because I have another kodi client on the same network that can access it just fine.

Thanks.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Looks like maybe your add-on settings got corrupted. Do a local database reset, and when it asks you to reset your emby info, say yes. Start Kodi, go through the prompts again and the sync should start correctly. Let me know if you still experience the issue.

• Like 1

dakaratekid

So I did what you suggested, and it discovered my server...and then did nothing.  So I waited 10 minutes, then kicked off a manual sync again.  Got the same error, "cannot connect to emby server", and then the same 0 progress sync infograph.  I'm uploading logs again, but I'm not sure they'll have the same info since resetting the local db (I think) turns off the debug verbosity...

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Can you enable the add-on log level set to info and disable kodi debug? Post a new log. Thanks

For some reason your server address is not found.

Edited by Angelblue05

dakaratekid

correct.  I downloaded a telnet client from the google play store to see if I could connect to the port through android, and the connection times out.  I suppose I need to see why this client can't connect, yet the other client on my network can connect.

Angelblue05

Is the other client on your network connected using an internal address? Check your router and firewall. The add-on can't reach your server with the address given.

dakaratekid

curious...In the emby server logs I see the following lines:

2016-02-09 22:41:15.5449 Info HttpServer: HTTP HEAD http://192.168.1.130:8096/dlna/4ffa6dbfce61fb0044e41b23d75ba5f9/icons/logo240.png. UserAgent: Kodi/16.0-RC3 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; M8S Build/KOT49H) Android/4.4.2 Sys_CPU/armv7l App_Bitness/32 Version/16.0-RC3-Git:2016-02-04-b587e98
2016-02-09 22:41:15.5487 Error NotFoundHttpHandler: [::ffff:192.168.1.130]:8096 Request not found: /dlna/4ffa6dbfce61fb0044e41b23d75ba5f9/icons/logo240.png
2016-02-09 22:41:15.5487 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 404 to 192.168.1.146. Time: 3ms. http://192.168.1.130:8096/dlna/4ffa6dbfce61fb0044e41b23d75ba5f9/icons/logo240.png

I only have one client running on android, so I know that this is the client that is timing out.

dakaratekid

My firewall has two inbound rules to allow private network connections on UDP and TCP.  These rules are based on the program name: mediabrowser.serverapplication.exe

Angelblue05

Those requests do not come from the emby for kodi add-on. Are you able to test the address in a browser or something? Does it reach your server?

Edited by Angelblue05

dakaratekid

yes, I tested the android connectivity in a chromium browser and with a telnet client that I downloaded from the PlayStore.  Neither connect, that is why I started looking at the server logs.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

The server log wouldn't show you anything since it's not able to reach your server with the given address... Why are you not just using the external or internal address displayed in your emby dashboard (above the restart/shutdown)?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok, so then make sure it's the same address you've entered. The one in the log ends with 237... Once you correct the address in the add-on settings, just restart Kodi to be safe and it should connect and you don't need to do a manual sync.

Edited by Angelblue05

dakaratekid

So the one that I tested through http://canyouseeme.org/ references my external IP as shown in the emby server UI.  My internal IP which is referenced by my other working kodi client (just barely checked) is the one that ends in 237.  http://canyouseeme.org/ does not allow me to change the IP.  What I'm confused about is how when I clear/reset the internal database on the android client, it discovers the .237 address, but then just hangs.  Also my firewall can't be an issue.  It is on my windows machine hosting the emby server, and it is of type 'allow this executable "mediabrowser.serverapplication.exe" access to UDP and TCP traffic.  There is no rule regarding IP addresses.  This is validated by the fact that I have another kodi client on a Raspi2 with openelec connecting to my emby server, which I checked 30 seconds ago, and it still can access media.

• Like 1

dakaratekid

lol...typed out that whole reply before your stealth edit.  Ok I changed the IP address to match the NAT IP address on my working kodi (openelec).  And I got a welcome message from the Emby server.  But, I can't tell that any syncing is happening.  Anyway to check for progress?

Angelblue05

lol...typed out that whole reply before your stealth edit.  Ok I changed the IP address to match the NAT IP address on my working kodi (openelec).  And I got a welcome message from the Emby server.  But, I can't tell that any syncing is happening.  Anyway to check for progress?

That sounds good, at least it connected to your server:)

Hummm, check your logs (make sure the add-on log level is set to info - emby add-on settings > advanced). Otherwise, during the sync, it should display a progress bar

Edited by Angelblue05