Server no longer starting with windows??

byngo

Server version 3.0.5821.0

Windows 7 x64

Not sure since which update to the server but have realised that the server is not starting with windows any more, even though this has always been, and still is my selection in the settings.

Any ideas please?

This happened to me. I took out the Emby 'Server Restart' plugin and checked the server was in the Startup menu. Since then I have had no further problems.

Sorry. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I don't understand "took out the server restart plugin"

I don't remember installing a separate plugin to make the server have options to start with windows?

Hi. Thanks for taking the time.

The start up folder has emby server and media browser server in there. That's all.

There should not be two...

There should not be two...

I had two also and just deleted them both and cycled the start on boot in the server configuration. This all occurred with the failed server upgraded experienced.

running like a top now :)

m

So, not sure why there's two Emby Servers listed here. Being a legacy user of MediaBrowser3 Server I was expecting to see a MediaBrowser and Emby Server. I'm not sure which one to disable or if it even matters. For now, I'll leave it be until I'm further advised by @@ebr or @@Luke. BTW, the paths in Command and Location are identical for each incidence.

Thanks.

post-110-0-87312200-1455115306_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sammy

You can probably delete either but I think the OP deleted both and then cycled the setting in the dashboard.

All is well now. I went to Emby settings and told it to not start when Windows starts. I then went back to msconfig startup tab and only one emby server was showing. I rebooted and Emby server started right away. I went back in to Emby and set it for automatic startup with Windows and rebooted again. Emby loaded with Windows as desired. More WAF with having it do this for sure because sometimes when I reboot I didn't check to see if Emby Server was running and then she couldn't watch anything..