Lifetime supporter option

Bohemi

Hi,

I ran the monthly supporter key option since September to verify the capabilities of Emby. Now that I am convinced I would like to convert to a Lifetime supporter key but would like to understand the expected lifecycle for this key. 

I assume the definition of Lifetime is support only on the current base version? If that's the case, what is the expected timeframe with regard to a new base release?

I want to prevent a situation that I am paying an other lifetime key in a couple of months time.

Thank you so far for this great server solution!

Rgrds

mediacowboy

I have been a supporter for over 2 years and haven't had to get a new key. If that helps

legallink

I can concur with mediacowboy....been a supporter for a while and I doubt that Emby v 4 is right around the corner.  There will be a lot of hints at the forums if/when that is going to happen most likely.

jluce50

The current version is just getting off the ground. Luke has stated elsewhere that the rewrite was such a massive undertaking that he doesn't see doing that again for a very long time (or something to that effect). In other words, you're safe for quite a while,

ordinarybanter

Do the old supporter key work any longer? just transferred my install to new hardware and am installing from scratch again. Wanted to put in the key I got in an email but I get bounced to the premium page. Is that key redundant now?

Cheers and keep up the great work!

Do the old supporter key work any longer? just transferred my install to new hardware and am installing from scratch again. Wanted to put in the key I got in an email but I get bounced to the premium page. Is that key redundant now?

Cheers and keep up the great work!

You need to define "old key".  Any key produced in the past couple years (via MB3 or Emby) is still valid.  Just not old MB2 keys.

tmservo

Ok.. I had an MB2 key, that got updated to an MB3 key.. though most of my purchases no longer exist (darnit, all those themes).. but I had thought at the time I had donated for a lifetime thing.. but who knows, can't remember now.

Blueeyiz702

Just payed for premium,and enjoyed new payment option without any problems.#GoTeamEmby

• Like 1

ordinarybanter

You need to define "old key".  Any key produced in the past couple years (via MB3 or Emby) is still valid.  Just not old MB2 keys.

OK. It was MB3. I will try to get it sorted.