getting booted out when adding folders

fodbrothers

fodbrothers

ok so I have installed Emby on my synology box to the latest Version 3.0.5724.5

I have added added media to my server.

when I try and play a video it wont play.

I have tried it on my computer and I click the play button and it shows the main picture which was displayed in the artwork but nothing plays

I have tried it on my girlfriends computer with different browsers and I either get an error saying an error playing video file or stuck like mine.

I have also tried it on my android phone and get an error saying playback error  there was an error processing the request. please try again later.

server log attached 

if you need something else please tell me as i really want to get this working and donate.

server-63578986407.txt

transcode-0edb2823-ef17-4b39-badf-70a4618e963d.txt

transcode-3e0fc5de-d661-4894-b1a6-1ba42467ec62.txt

transcode-4dae244a-e180-4570-ba97-013adee111c7.txt

transcode-6cc48db0-d11f-4b13-b6b8-748791bb9ebc.txt

transcode-7b797209-1286-4a8d-8031-09b7338884b0.txt

transcode-7bc27aaa-459d-4ccc-bd7a-49bf4eed1772.txt

transcode-7c62f251-c755-4a54-8d95-d801fcddf9a9.txt

transcode-8d9bebfa-db3e-4d23-a4c8-4b75f978cda2.txt

transcode-8ede326f-b580-4ec4-b780-31e146ff4fed.txt

the server launches ffmpeg, and ffmpeg is unable to access your files. so there's some kind of permissions problem going on.

file:/volume2/xfactor/xfactor/Jurassic Park 1993.mp4: Permission denied

fodbrothers

I have changed all the permissions but will have a look again later and reply thanks for your help.

if anyone knows where it is I would be greatfull. I have accepted all permissions on shared folders

fodbrothers

OK  to everyone having issues with synology server.

download and install the emby sever and update it using the tutorial provided on the other forum.

when you have done that you will come across a few issues permission issues with ends up booting you to the login screen when trying to select a folder and also have issues playing anything. I tried everything with the synology options but I found the best way to fix all issues is to 

download and open winscp 

select file protical to SCP

host name as the local ip address of the synology box mine is 192.168.1.90 but yours will be different port 22 username as root and password as the same as your normal login.

ok so do the following to all the folders that you are in the films location 

my films are located in volume1/Films/A

so right click on the folder "Films" and click properties

and under permission make sure all R W and X are ticked for all users I only have owner group and others but you may have more.

when I have done that I do the same for the folder "A"

then when I am in the folder a select all the movies in there and do the same with them if you have a square instead of a tick click it until its a tick.

that it, it should all work fine from then onwards.

any issues feel free to 

reply to this post

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Dodgy Bob

Thanks fodbrothers  :D

That's what got me up and running. I had tried setting permissions via DSM, but no joy.

I see there are a number of posts relating to 'Adding Media Locations', I take it then this is being looked into or perhaps should this be added as a step to the pinned "Synology Setup" thread?

If you want to / need to know, my media locations are in the default Synology folders of the Synology "X" Station apps, so under the default 'photo' folder for photos thanks to Photo Station and under the default 'music' folder for all my CDs thanks to Audio Station and under the default 'video' folder for movies and music videos and so on thanks to Video Station. The folder 'photo' already seems to have RWX set for Owner/Group/Others, but the 'music' and 'video' folders did not. Once these were set via WinSCP on the 'video' and 'music' folders, the permissions flowed through recursively.

Anything else?

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

Edited by Dodgy Bob

fodbrothers

no problem mate I am just stuck at 33.2% as per my other post shame.

I wonder if you come accross  the same issue 

Dodgy Bob

no problem mate I am just stuck at 33.2% as per my other post shame.

I wonder if you come accross  the same issue 

33.2% of a library scan? Thats no good  :(

Since I'm at work now and I was only having a quick play around with the permissions before work, I'll check things out once I'm back home. I think I had got passed 33% at last glance, but I don't know if it actually finished or hung or what though.

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

fodbrothers - Just letting you know, looks like my library scan completed, but I have another issue now, so looks like I'm off to post about that!

Oh well, I'm sure things will all sort out soon enough  :)

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

how many libraries did you add to emby? try reducing it to just one to see if that narrows down the problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
brantdk

hi,

I new to this software. I have installed it on my Synology 1511+

I get kicked out too when I mount the Video folder from my synology. I understand that the easy fix would be to give everyone R/W to this folder but I dont want to do that.

I dont want somebody deleting any files by accident so I have only admin that has R/W access. everybody else has only Read.

How can I get this done without having to give full control of the folder from Emby?

thanks for any help