Time shifting support & guide load speed

Gustovier

Gustovier

Hello all,

I was just trying out to live tv again on the android TV client (nvidia shield TV) to see how much things have advanced and things are looking much better now! I still have some issues that stopping me from using live TV with emby more.

1) the speed at which the guide loads still seems to slow. With other dvr apps this is usually pretty instant. Could this data be loaded on startup and cached somewhere instead of when you first go into the guide?

2) is there true time shifting support? Whenever I have a channel playing live TV and then try rewinding / fast wording it seems to break down and I have to just stop playing the channel.

I can help provide logs / debug test etc.. If needed to help make these items better.

it's getting faster with each release and will continue to improve. the next server release will help as well.

timeshifting is a planned feature for the future.

Gustovier

it's getting faster with each release and will continue to improve. the next server release will help as well.

timeshifting is a planned feature for the future.

That's great to hear Luke. With time shifting can you all potentially move into the model that SageTv uses. It worked very well. Basically whenever you tune to a channel you are recording that show. If a user wants to ultimately keep the recording they select record and this basically sets a property to the recording to not have it be deleted by another process that will wake every so often to delete recordings that should be. There's a lot of other benefits that come with this type of model as well (downside is its a little more complex to implement).