Playing UPNP Server strm files generated for Kodi

jfeeser

Hello all, a bit of a convoluted issue that i'm having.  I have a PlayOn server set up to connect to my streaming services, and i'd like to integrate that with emby and kodi.  I discovered the "pseudolibrary" plugin for kodi (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=205148) that generates strm files so that i can have my streaming sources (hulu/netflix/etc) integrated directly.  The strms are created, and i can access the content from kodi itself just fine through the local kodi library (separate from the the emby library sync plugin).

That being said, i'd like to use emby to manage the content, sync watched status, etc, like i'm already doing with all my local content, and have it handle all of the playing of the .strm files through the emby kodi plugin, like i handle the playing of all my other media.  Currently if i try to play the strms through the emby kodi plugin's library sync, the .strm file does not play.  It plays if i access it through kodi directly.  Also, the strm files don't play via the web player.  Each time i try i get a transcode log like the one attached.

I originally chalked this up as something being present on kodi that emby isn't seeing, like a plugin or something like that, but in this case the source of the strm file is just my playon server being accessed through UPNP.  No plugins involved.  

Is there a way to make this kind of setup work with pseudolibrary, or alternatively, is there a utility out there to create "generic" strm files from a upnp source that both kodi and emby can use?  

Thanks in advance for all your help - i put this in the web player topic but i'm not sure it belongs there.  Feel free to move it.

log.txt