Hiding watched from latest

Vidman

Vidman

I have just noticed on 3.0.5675.1 (currently the latest freenas release) that the home screen option in user settings to "hide watched content from latest media" only seems to effect the Web client for me ie : in emby for kodi , emby for Android tv, and emby win10 only show latest unwatched media no matter the state of that toggle.

This is probably not the right place to post this issue but i thought it better here than 3 separate posts in each apps forum

At this point, that's just how those other interfaces are designed.  Some of the apps/themes have their own setting for this already.

I'm not sure.  You are the first one to bring it up.

On the one hand it is nice to have a single place for some of these behaviors but, on the other, it can be quite confusing when settings in totally different apps affect each other and it isn't obvious which ones do and which ones don't.

url = url + "/Users/" + HttpEncode(getGlobalVar("user").Id) + "/Items?IncludeItemTypes=Episode"
query = {
recursive: "true",
ExcludeLocationTypes: "Virtual",
fields: "PrimaryImageAspectRatio",
sortby: "DateCreated",
sortorder: "Descending",
filters: "IsUnplayed",
ImageTypeLimit: "1"
}
The roku can (albeit always, no setting exists to change it) remove watched content from latest. It is the filters: isunplayed doing the removal.

Cant the android tv app do similar? Add a new toggle setting in the app for it, or base it on the value of that "hide watched" setting of the server? It seems unintuitive to keep watched items in latest.

Edited by speechles

Cant the android tv app do similar? Add a new toggle setting in the app for it, or base it on the value of that "hide watched" setting of the server? It seems unintuitive to keep watched items in latest.

The ATV app doesn't show any watched content in Latest.