Clean Database Task failed on beta Version 3.0.5713.5

Kent

Happy2Play

@@ebr

Looks to be something with MBPlus plugin.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 System.NullReferenceException
    at MBPlus.Entities.MBPlusChannel.get_Settings()
    at lambda_method(Closure , MBPlusNextUpTVChannel )    
    at ServiceStack.Text.Common.WriteType`2.WriteProperties(TextWriter writer, Object value)
    at ServiceStack.Text.JsonSerializer.SerializeToStream(Object value, Type type, Stream stream)
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.SerializeToStream(Object obj, Stream stream)
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions.SerializeToBytes(IJsonSerializer json, Object obj)
    at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteItemRepository.<SaveItems>d__6.MoveNext()
Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

That is from OP's log. Had to add extension to log.

Please always post the complete log file and not a snippet

Restarted the server and ran the task again.  Full log attached.

Log

Hmmm... I think what is going on here is that is an old object that was created against a user that doesn't exist anymore.

The thing is, I'm not sure even if we solve that particular error that there won't just be another one right behind it because these objects may not instantiate properly when read straight out of the database like this.  Most of them depend on constructor parameters.

Luke - can the task just delete the offending object when a serialization error like this occurs and move on?  I think MBPlus will be able to recover it.  The only reason some of these are saved in the DB at all is because the API requires it to be in order to deliver an image for it.

I don't use MBPlus anymore and can remove the plugin.  But i'll hold off doing anything in case you want me to try a fix. Sounds like an edge case and might not be worth full analysis?

Still failing for me.  I think due to the fact that I have old objects in my DB from plug-ins that no longer exist.

2015-08-30 15:45:19.3247 Debug - SqliteItemRepository: Unknown type YoutubePlugin.Entities.YoutubeVideo
2015-08-30 15:45:19.3247 Debug - SqliteItemRepository: Unknown type YoutubePlugin.Entities.YoutubeCollectionFolder
2015-08-30 15:45:19.3247 Error - App: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5720.23532
	Command line: C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Value cannot be null.
	Parameter name: id
	System.ArgumentNullException
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetItemById(Guid id)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.CleanDatabaseScheduledTask.<UpdateToLatestSchema>d__9.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.CleanDatabaseScheduledTask.<Execute>d__4.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__c.MoveNext()

2015-08-30 15:45:19.3247 Info - App: Clean Database Failed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds