New Emby LiveTV and Australian IceTV Integration

vaise

vaise

Hi,

If you are not in Australia, then you can ignore this post.  IceTV is a guide provider for Australian FTA TV which also have a subscription based Interactive TV solution for remote recording.  I have been using this with Windows Media Centre for many years and it is crucual for any solution I implement, hence i am still needing to keep WMC on a system, hence that system cant be upgraded to Win 10.

Emby currently beats Plex for our household due to its better implementation of ServerWMC (better guide, live TV and most importantly, watching recordedTV without conversion).  Plex however wins due to its running on the Netgear Readynas and better Roku app (the new Plex Roku app as of yesterday however may change that.  As of yesterday, a plexpass app is not longer required for the Roku channel.  Im still running both systems side by side until one solution fits all.  bit of a pain to keep my watch lists synced though.

I have three HDHomeRun tuners and hence this LiveTV announcement from Emby was exciting as it could mean a final move from WMC and onto Win 10 as this solution develops.  Id love it to have recording in the future, from the guide and enhanced with IceTV.

I emailed the IceTV developers to make them aware of this and they said they would investigate adding the IceTV guide and maybe IceTV Interactive in the future to this.

This would be nirvana for me.

Thanks..

• Like 1

gggggggg

Have you actually gotten this working with your HDHomeRuns ?   

I thought the AUssie HD Homeruns are not DLNA, which is what Emby is using?   Or is this not really the case?

• 4 weeks later...

Direct IceTV support in Emby would be amazing. Currently I use DVBLink which has IceTV support for the EPG side of things but not IceTV scheduled recordings. I recently made the switch to Kodi from WMC using the Emby Kodi add-on in preparation for a possible Windows 10 upgrade. This also prompted me to try a different LiveTV backend as I was previously using ServerWMC and as a result I now actually prefer DVBLink. Unfortunately DVBLink is not free and neither is their IceTV integration plugin but I also don't expect people to invest time into developing something for nothing.

I would be more than happy to show support for any IceTV integration through further donations and plugin testing if that at all helps.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk