Runtime Length not correct

feldnerp

feldnerp

First let me say Emby is awesome. I have been looking for a way to stream my movie collection from my PC to my Roku and this is it. However, here is my problem. I have all my movies saved to PC as an ISO file. I use CloneDVD2. The majority of the movies display the wrong runtime length. The problem with that, is that is exactly how long Roku will play the movie for. I have tried refreshing metadata and renaming files. Doesn't seem to make a difference. It almost seems like Emby creates the chapters but they aren't correct. I watched one movie that appeared to be cut short by 30 minutes. I checked the chaptering and there was one chapter that was 1 minute long. This chapter actually was the missing 30 minutes. So if I skipped ahead and the rewound back into the chapter I could see the entire movie. When playing the file on the PC, the PC will just continue playing the file and go over the run time.

I have also tried moving the file to a different directory and rescanning. same results.

Emby Version 3.0.5687.31253

Log file attached.

Log.txt

ISOs are going to be very hit and miss unfortunately.  Search out here and you will see lots of discussion around it.

azborg

I am experiencing the same issue. DVDs ripped with DVDFab. Movie length times of isos are way off. The times are off in the Emby server itself. What file stores the times of movies? Can the file be updated/changed manually?

The tools for interrogating these formats simply aren't perfect and aren't being improved anymore.  You can edit the running time in the metadata but that will only affect display of that information in the interface.

Since we do now have both MediaInfo and ffprobe, we can probably improve ISO runtime detection by getting that information from MediaInfo.

But as Ebr pointed out, the ability to stream the contents of an ISO is limited to how well ffmpeg understands it, and right now it can be hit or miss. Since you're an ISO user, please note that this does not affect playback with full htpc clients such as Emby for Kodi, Emby for WMC and Emby Theater. With those apps you can have the full experience as the video players can handle them directly.