Can't play some files: "There was an error processing the request"

azeos

For quite some versions, I am unable to play some files. I click play and after a couple of minutes an error shows up: "There was an error processing the request.". But I can see that files are being generated in the "transcoding-temp" folder.

SO: Windows 7 x64

Server: Version 3.0.5684.35316

Emby Theatre: Version 3.0.5683.858

The logs are from Emby Theater installed in the same PC as the server. If I try to play the same files from MBT v3.0.5362.41853 installed in a different PC it work's just fine. So probably it is a problem with the Emby Theatre.

I have tried to make a clean re-install, sometimes it works until an update appears or just randomly stop working.

Tell me if you need more information.

Thanks in advanve,

azeós.

server-63573478755.txt

server-63573478838.txt

transcode-297ed70e-f104-4881-8a4e-17696b175bfb.txt

theater-63573519555.txt

Edited by azeos

I pushed an MBT update to change the transcoding back from mp4 to HLS, so see if that helps. Although if you're inside your home network you'll probably prefer to get path substitution working so that mbt will just play your files directly rather than streaming them.

I pushed an MBT update to change the transcoding back from mp4 to HLS, so see if that helps. Although if you're inside your home network you'll probably prefer to get path substitution working so that mbt will just play your files directly rather than streaming them.

I did a path substitution from the other -not the server- PC. Didn't thought on doing it in the server, I'll try it.

Thanks for the MBT update, I'll try again and see what happens.

Still having the same problem.

Server: 3.0.5694.20530

Emby Theater: v3.0.5686.19243

55c10572f2aca_embyerror.jpg

55c105e3ce245_path.png

Server Local IP: 192.168.1.3

Server name: Lanbox

G: is the drive connected through USB on the server PC. \\Lanbox\ex503\ is the LAN path to that drive.

In the theater log I can see that it tries to play the movie through \\Lanbox, is that correct? Shouldn't access through G:?

Should I try a clean install again? Something to recommend?

Thanks.

theater-63574298884.txt

server-63574298796.txt

server-63574298860.txt

Completely uninstalled Emby Theater, reinstalled and still the same problem.

I think it might be something with the Emby Server.

Deathsquirrel

I'm getting this error during playback of mkvs with truehd audio on a new win 10 install.  Azeos are your problem movies all similar in format?  For me it's either the audio or the container since I use the same video encoding settings and just switch the container when needed for the truehd passthrough.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting this error during playback of mkvs with truehd audio on a new win 10 install.  Azeos are your problem movies all similar in format?  For me it's either the audio or the container since I use the same video encoding settings and just switch the container when needed for the truehd passthrough.

I'm attaching some movies mediainfo to see if we can find something.

500 Days of Summer, 50/50, Amélie, Dallas Buyers Club and Death Proof doesn't work.

Birdman, The Hobbit and The Imitation Game work just fine.

The only thing I found in common is the mkvmerge version. The movies that work use version 7.7.0.

500days.txt

5050.txt

Amelie.txt

Birdman.txt

Dallas.txt

Death Proof.txt

The Hobbit.txt

The Imitation Game.txt

Deathsquirrel

Well if it's what I was running into those movies turned out not to play even when using alternate players.  Wasn't an Emby issue for me at all.

Had the same problem. Narrowed it down to 10 bit movies.

Not my case, 8bit movies doesn't play.

Well if it's what I was running into those movies turned out not to play even when using alternate players.  Wasn't an Emby issue for me at all.

All my movies work fine with PotPlayer. Even with MBT from another PC or a Tablet.

"500 Days of Summer" was merged using MKVMerge v4.0.0, I re merged it with v8.3.0 and now it plays just fine.

Movies that doesn't play:

• mkvmerge v4.0.0 / v6.0.0
  • libebml v1.0.0 / v1.3.0
  • libmatroska v1.0.0 / v1.4.0

Movies that play just fine:

• mkvmerge v7.7.0 / v8.3.0
  • libebml v1.3.1
  • libmatroska v1.4.2

Those are the differences I found.

500days2.txt