Not sure what forum to place this question in but...

diaz1510

diaz1510

...I've got developed an issue that Im pretty certain isnt Emby related, but as I'm on this forum most often and you guys are pretty smart, maybe you can help...it IS media related though..sorry to dump my issues unrealted to Emby on you guys, but just lookin for some help on a route I can take to fix this.

Recently, as of about a month or so ago, I started noticing my media would stutte, video and audio.  It gets progressively worse and the only thing thing that fixes it is a PC reboot.  I can't for the life of me figure out what resource is causing this.  Its pretty bad, I have to reboot at least once a day if not more, but as soon as I do, everything plays just fine...then 24 hours later its really bad and I rinse/repeat.

I initially DID think it was Emby (I use the web client) as thats all I really play media through, but then it does it with any online video as well, YouTube,Netflix, Hulu, etc. Then I thought it might be my web browser (Firefox) so  switched Emby to IE...samer issue, then I went toChrome, same issue.  The nail in the coffin is I can even play it direct with VLC and it does the same thing.

I've cleared cache/cookies, etc.  I've got CCleaner and gone through that, I've defragged the PC but still nothing works...

Here's a screenshopt of the video playing in VLC with Task Manager open.  Thanks everybody!

Before reboot

559b290fdfb92_Screenshot.jpg

After reboot

559b3328d5e3f_Screenshot02.jpg

Edited by diaz1510

JeremyFr79

Have you watched your active processes in task manager to see which one is using CPU?  If not, make sure you click "show processes from all users"  You can then click CPU so that it show's process sorted by most to least CPU usage and see what tends to stay at the top.

Angelblue05

I use process explorer, a great little standalone tool. Maybe it will help you narrow it down: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx :)

I also had a stutter issue, but turns out it was just a watched folder causing the problem with an automated script. Without process explorer, I would have never figured it out.

Edited by Angelblue05