dpi scaling windows 10

fuzzthekingoftrees

fuzzthekingoftrees

Running latest windows 10 build 10162 on a laptop with a 13.3" 1080p screen. I have my DPI scaling (change size of text, apps and other items) set to 125%

All the elements in the app seem too small, like they aren't being scaled up. This is paticularly noticeable with the text in the user preferences screen.

This problem doesn't seem limited to Emby, it seems to affect any windows 8.1 apps. New windows 10 universal type apps seem to scale fine. Is this a case of wait and hope Microsoft fix this by 29th July or is there a setting I need to tweak to make it work?

post-26045-0-91450300-1436131649_thumb.png

Vicpa

Hi,

Yea it seems MS is still tweaking the scaling.

On my big screen 1920x1080 I use 150% or 175% still deciding both, seem pretty good.

On my laptop with lame graphic's 1366x786 the recommended is 100% which is ok.

Unlike you I don't have high res on my laptop.

Let folks know if you see improvement in the next build,  I am sure folks are interested.

fuzzthekingoftrees

I've had a look at this on a few more computers with different sized screens and different resolutions. I think some of the text is too small, particularly on the preferences screen I posted above. My desktop is 24" @ 1920x1200 with the dpi slider all the way to the left and the small text is only just readable. I think the same is true for the text on the first screen you get after installation where you choose between the touch layout and the mouse+keyboard layout.