Which External Player ( that works with MCE remotes)

bnwbass

bnwbass

Hello all,

I am migrating over to Emby Theater from MBC, is there a recommended player that will work with the basic MCE remote?  My goal is to maintain high quality video and audio playback as well.. 

Any suggestions please.

Thx

Bw

sydlexius

I've been using MPC-HC with MBC for ages, as the support is quite good (including reading/saving playback position to Emby server).  Emby Theater likewise supports it, but I'm not certain if it's feature-for-feature.  Like Emby theater, it can take advantage of LAV Filters (built-in), MADVR, and xy-vsfilter.

Something you'll want to do, particularly if you own a Harmony remote or one with the blue/green/yellow/red buttons is to assign those to features of MPC-HC...for example, toggling subtitles, audio track, etc.

Hope this helps!

James

Just started running Emby Theater as well. Have been using MPC-HC with Emby Clasic and now with Theater and it works great with the MCE remote as well as my PS3 BD remote.

bnwbass

Thanks...yes I have tinkered with MPC-HC and I do have a Harmony programmed using MCE-SE profile.  It worked great for MBC and external TMT5 player.  All of my files are structure rips so the MPC-HC remote cmds are not like for like. I know I can map the keys with Harmony and MPC-HC.  I need to spend some time with this I guess.

Bw

elshagon

Why not just use the Emby Theater player instead of a third party player.  I use a harmony remote and it controls everything nicely.  Maybe I'm not understanding the question?  

• Like 1