Touchscreen question

lucasbuck

lucasbuck

I had actually asked this awhile back when I was doing my remodel. At that time, MB was going through a lot of rapid changes, so I kind of set this project off to the side. I have an Asus ET1611 All in One Touch Screen (they use them a lot for point of sale computers) in my kitchen, mainly to stream music while we cook.

At that time, there wasn't a whole lot of options for touch screens that worked well (scrolling, song selection, etc.) I was just wondering since I was going to start trying to set it back up again if anyone could give me some suggestions on a theme that would work well with it. Thanks for any advice!

Scott84Z28

If you run Win8.1 or 10 then the Win8 (Metro) app works great on touchscreens/tablets.

• Like 1

Scott84Z28

Unfortunately, it's still on 7. But thank you for the response.

Well, only 4 more weeks and you can fix that! ;)

Happy2Play

Okay, I'm dumb, what happens in 4 weeks? :)

I would assume the Windows 10 upgrade.

lucasbuck

I didn't even think about that. But still, what's the best touch screen friendly profile to use?

Scott84Z28

Ya, the app itself is already touch friendly.  The first time you run it asks if you want to use it as touch or with keyboard and mouse.  It's been designed more so for touch though.  I use it on my Win8.1 tablet.

I'll have to look into how much it costs to upgrade 7. Thanks for the advise.

It is free to go to 10.