Wrong poster images in suggestions tab

diaz1510

diaz1510

I have multiple PCs as clients from a server PC running emby.

Anyway, I have one PC in particular that is having an issue with showing the correct posters images in the Suggestions and Latest Tab of both Movies and TV Shows.  Everything is correct in the Shows/Movies Tabs.  When you hover the mouse over the poster, it will show what the correct movie/show menu is and clicking on it will take you to the correct movie/show, but the poster will be wrong.  I've tried to clear the cache, restart the server, restart the client, etc but each time I go into the client PCs emby web client, it shows some, not all, of the movies/shows with incorrect posters.  It seems to be completely random.  Each time I clear the cache and restart the web client some of the ones that were correct are now wrong, some are still wrong, and some are fixed.  The posters will change randomly as well and will even be enlarged images of items other than posters, such as a giant thumb up or a heart, etc (images that are used within the hover-menu).

It's really weird, lol...it's only this one PC...the main one I happen to use in the Living Room, lol.

I'm running the web client on Firefox in windows 7.

Edited by diaz1510

chef

Refresh the browser and the proper images will show.

I believe this has to do all the asynchronous calls for images to fill the page.

Some PCs just don't act fast enough.

I have also experienced his in the past while navigating my genre collections.

diaz1510

Refresh the browser and the proper images will show.

I believe this has to do all the asynchronous calls for images to fill the page.

Some PCs just don't act fast enough.

I have also experienced his in the past while navigating my genre collections.

Yeah, that was the first thing I had tried...that does absolutely nothing...I can't get the proper posters to show on this PC for some reason. It's actually getting worse

• 1 month later...
mini__me

I'm getting a similar thing with various browsers on various devices I mainly notice my issues when browsing Live TV, however it is not limited to just Live TV.

Emby Server Version 3.0.5675.1

OSX - Safari

Windows - IE & Firefox

iOS - Safari

FireHDX - Silk

Along with incorrect images displayed within Emby Android TV and Fire TV apps for Live TV (mainly upcoming TV and Guide information rather than Recorded TV)

Will upload screen grab and server logs if you think it will help?

Cheers

mini

Edited by mini__me

I doubt its' actually happening on IE and Firefox. Search the forums regarding safari because it's been asked and answered

mini__me

OK some screenshots from the Fire HDX

This isn't too bad only one incorrect image in the bunch of teleshopping on at that time:

EDIT: Just noticed when uploading this there is some odd text on the top row third from left teleshopping, don't know if it is relevant or not?

55dc5fefe0b77_Screenshot_20150825074832E

Next up on scheduled recordings I have missing images and also text:

55dc6012b900f_Screenshot_20150825074950E

I also get similar behaviour from the Android TV / Fire TV apps as well with the images, I've not seen text missing from them yet. I will screen dump those if I see it on them as well, not picked up a problem in Firefox as yet, but it definately does happen there as well as firefox is my main work laptop browser so I generally jump on that to schedule recordings etc.

I have saved the server log if you think there could be anything at all usefull in it....at the time the clients are connecting the logs are full of:

2015-08-25 07:47:26.2686 Info - ImageProcessor: Failed to read image header for E:\MB3\Metadata\livetv\a9221797815ff280224d25e4bd646e9b\folder.jpg. Doing it the slow way.

Sounds like it *could* be related?

EDIT 2: Just checked the folder referenced and the LiveTV metadata folder was over 1GB in size, I renamed and refreshed the guide and it's now 42MB.  Looking at the dates on the folders within they are in chunks of dates mainly created in the last few days, however there are some odd chunks that are for dates back at the beginning of August.  I do not know if this is expected behaviour, or whether the guid(?) created to hold the image cache could have somehow been created with the same ID leading to incorrect images being displayed?

Edited by mini__me

mini__me

sorry been on vacation back to work yesterday and catching up so haven't had time to do this till now.

See below screenshoots with incorrect images being loaded for Suggestions in Live TV, along with missing Recorded TV icons and missing / incorrect Icons for Scheduled TV Timers in FireFox.....

Server Version: 3.0.5675.1

Server Log: http://pastebin.com/n8TJFknf

55e6c0e0d9f12_FireFoxWrongIcons1Edit.png

55e6c0ed8039a_FireFoxWrongIcons2Edit.png

55e6c0f994223_FireFoxWrongIcons3Edit.png

55e6c103363ae_FireFoxWrongIcons4Edit.png

55e6c10dc508e_FireFoxWrongIcons5Edit.png

mini__me

See below capture from the Android TV App, while taking that screenshot I noticed that although the Image DOES NOT match the title, it DOES match the description......so I checked the original Source of the data (DVBLink) and the Databeing pulled from 7MC through ServerWMC to Kodi...that all looks good.

This implies that the TV Title and Descriptions are getting screwed with Emby therefore serving up incorrect Images to all apps as I reported.  I have no explaination for the missing Images at this time, as the Schedulded Programmes when selected are displaying the correct information as are the Recorded TV Programes.

Edited by mini__me

This must be related to DVBLink somehow since I've never seen this type of behavior myself or reported.  By any chance is the description the one for that next item in the guide (NCIS)?

mini__me

Sorry I should have explaind things better:

DVBLink feeds 7MC and from there ServerWMC feeds to Emby and Kodi, therefore I would expect that if ServerWMC is serving the right info to Kodi it should also be serving the correct information to Emby.....I guess therefore it could be ServerWMC, I can grab logs from that for Krusty if you think that's of use?

mini__me

Just checked another wrong poster and it's not the next program in line, in this exampe it's a Dog image for Judge Judy, the next airing of Dog on that channel is tomorrow morning.

55e70c113f85a_JJEdit.png

55e70c1f683fb_JJ2Edit.png

My guess is that something is getting garbled in the chain from DVB->ServerWMC->Emby.  Best place to start is the ServerWMC plug-in probably.  I'll move this over there.

• Like 1

You can't assume that because it works in one place and not another, that the other place is where the problem is. That's just where you're seeing the symptom. Just by your own comments you're chaining together 4 different pieces of software just to get this all to work. This issue doesn't reproduce with the core tv service so i can't imagine this is happening in the Emby core, so I would investigate elsewhere.

plugin does not equal core. and i'm not saying the issue is in serverwmc either. i'm just saying it's not here. the core has a built-in tv provider. no problem found there, or the standalone EmbyTV plugin.

That's unrelated. I know it seems convenient to just pile it on, but that's an ios-specific memory issue. It can happen with all content types, not just live tv. And if you search the forum, I've already explained that before. You're seeing it in multiple platforms so it's unrelated.

mini__me

I'm not piling on, it's just as you say there are a lot of posts regarding this through the forums that on the surface appear to be similar.

The issue here could, and may well be completely different and un-related to all the others.

I am happy to provide whatever logs or access is required to look at this issue.

But at each suggestion I make I am dismissed and told I must be wrong, at each step I ask and provide information and yet it's dismissed as not being Emby. 

You told me I was wrong and was not seeing a problem in Firefox or IE, I have provided evidence and logs for exaclty that situation.

I will post the ServerWMC log for Krusty to view and am happy to enable any debugging as required and post any requested logs, but do not dismiss what I say as incorrect because you have not seen it yourself.

mini__me

Hi Krusty,

Long and the short of my problem appears to be incorrect information relating to Live Programming displayed from any Emby client (Web or App).

I have DVBLink feeding WMC and then ServerWMC feeding out to Kodi and Emby, all Kodi clients display the information exactly as expect and a mirror for WMC as I would expect, there appears to be a problem with this guide data that is extracted from the WMC database correctly making it to the Emby database.

It's possible there are odditiies preventing the data making it into the Emby database correctly, possibly something with the character encoding could cause unexpected results in the database?

I've uploaded today's ServerWMC log here:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/6819941e0570fd6c49bf

If you want me to enable anything I'm more than happy to help, this has been working perfectly and I have been using ServerWMC since the plugin was developed using the Web Clients, I cannot put my finger on exactly when this started but I would say it cannot be more than 3 months ago.

You're not wrong.  You are seeing what you are seeing :).

We just have to figure out where in the chain things are going wrong.  Right now that points to something outside of the core just based on what you are reporting so that's the best place to start the investigation.

mini__me

Although this is completely the wrong thing to do from a long term diagnostic perspective I have uninstalled ServerWMC plugin, restarted Emby, re-installed the ServerWMC plugin, restarted Emby and re-configured ServerWMC plugin.

So far everything is good again, this does however "seem" (and that is completely an unquantifiable statement) that it gets worse after a few days of running...if it does it's a repeatable thing from a fresh install which should provide some good potential for debugging.

If not I've just lost the ability for debugging and getting to the bottom of the problem :(

Edited by mini__me