Fedora, Centos New Package issues.

hurricanehrndz

hurricanehrndz

I will try and take over the rpm packages and try and provide as much support as possible. To begin though I need to know the issues with the new repo and what bugs you have encountered with the installation.

Please know that to begin with I will not be supporting or packaging any 32 Bit binaries for any distro. This decision is based on the fact that I have all the dependencies for Fedora, SL and Centos already building. One of those dependencies is mono. The mono that will be used in the new repo will be a mirror of xamarin. Xamarin unfortunately doesn't  support 32bit. Also, I will not make repo that doesn't supply the dependencies, if you would like to fulfill the dependencies yourself you will be encouraged to blacklist the packages from our repo.

Edited by hurricanehernandez

Jackrats

One thing in the CentOS RPM for systemd:

It puts the systemd file in /etc/systemd/system/emby.service

It should be placing it in /usr/lib/systemd/system

The /etc location is supposed to be where a user can copy a version to in order to make local changes. As it is now, any local changes get overwritten any time the package is updated.

Reference post: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20608-server-update-stop-systemd-script-overwrite/