Playback from Google Drive

mMO

Hey,

how can I playback videos from google drive?

Sync seams to work fine and it's available in my drive but I cant get emby web client to stream from the cloud.

I also tried different bitrate and disabled video playback wich requires transcoding but always get

"No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

I tried that under Linux and Windows test environments but I just don't get it to work.

Here is a log, but it is not very meaningful

http://paste2.org/E6HewPfG

I tried different qualities, first High than Low and tried to playback without transcoding.
I also tried to a custom bitrate (set to 5 Mbps) but it doesn't work.

Profile is set to Baseline (Designed for compatibility with all devices, including web browsers. Targets H264/AAC video and MP3 audio)
btw when uploading to goolge drive, google transcode the video itself again. why is it required to set the profile and quality?

because some users like to decide how to convert it. check your bitrate setting in the browser. it might be lower then the bitrate of the synced content.

thats why i tried one sync with custom quality and select the same bitrate at playback but server is still transcoding.

Yes, I have tested all possible bit rate settings .

What's also strange that in some sync's no more error messages are coming when transcoding disabled, but the stream still will not run.

Do you want to test and see your self?

ressu

I've noticed the same issue.

I keep all of my "Up next" episodes synced to Drive and so far I've yet to see any of those episodes play from Drive. I've been meaning to debug this further, but I haven't had the time yet.

Can anyone help?

I found something in debugging log:

"Debug - App: Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path" (full log as an attachment)

I selected base profil with high quality and deactivated video playback that requires transcoding

thanks in advance

log.txt

checked - doesn't work.

under dashboard --> playback --> streaming = 100Mbps

under user preference --> app setings --> max streaming bitrate = 30Mbps

..it's really weird, sometimes behavior is different than usual. just now there was no error message but the video still did not play.

here is the log

server-63571204456.txt

what means the log entry "Debug - App: Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path:..." specifically?

where is the app profile specified?

download from google drive works.
jdownloader has recognized a link as I have copied the log text
:lol:

can no one help?

if you want, you can test it yourself. i'll create an account or add you as guest.

btw.. when i play a local (not synced) video which is available as a direct stream (no transcoding), there is still the debug information in log with "App: Profile: Unknown Profile" ..but the video plays