Server Media Library Question

Newalpost

Newalpost

I had set up my server with with 5 different Media Folders, two of which where labelled MKV and DVD - because I've been slowly converting all my DVD collection to MKV format.  These two Media Folders correspond to two OS folders on my hard drive of the same name.

I assume that within the Dashboard the reference to Media Folders in the Media LIbrary section refers to how MB internally organises things and that these are not actually OS folders.  Is that correct?

It looks to me as though MB uses the Media Library Folder names as the 'collection' name on the EHS and that within each Media Library Folder you can have more than one actual OS folder.

With that in mind I decided to merge my MKV collection with the remaining DVD collection (which I'm not converting).  I did this by removing the DVD Media Folder from MB; renaming the MKV Media Folder to 'Films and TV' and then adding the two OS folders, MKV & DVD into this.

So, originally....

'MKV' Media Folder points to F:/MKV

'DVD' Media Folder points to F:/DVD

What I want is....

'Films and TV' Media Folder pointing to F:/MKV & F:/DVD

This has partially worked.  All my MKV and DVD files are now in one collection but instead of it being called Films and TV, it shows up on the EHS as MKV, which was the original name.  Do I need to do something else to get the name to update?

BTW:  I find it confusing the way in which the terms Media Folders and Collections are used since they appear to have more than one meaning.   Media Folders could refer to the Media Library but also to one's own OS Folders; similarly the term Collections seems to refer to the files/os folders within each Media Folder but could also mean a Collection of videos such as the Harry Potter series.

Well we don't use the term Collection to refer to a file system folder anywhere in the software. Collections are intended to be movie boxsets like Harry Potter.

Anyway, do you see Films & TV in the library setup?

Newalpost

Thanks for the reply, Luke.

This is what I see in in the Settings and Metadata Manager

post-5881-0-98406200-1432921186_thumb.png

post-5881-0-68693400-1432921192_thumb.png