3.0.5621.1 transcoding freezing every 2-5 seconds

archangelz

can you post transcode logs from each and then identify which is which? i bet you we are going to see that they have identical command lines.

archangelz

Certainly. I've attached all of the transcode logs I had problems with. These are all from hockeystreams live playing NHL playoff game between Anaheim and Chicago, both away and home feeds are having issues. 

These seem to be all the times I've had something like "http://watch.hscontent.com/west10/PREMIUM_HSTV_22HD.m3u8"  or some other HSTV content in the logs. The other transcoding done does not seem to be a problem. 

EDIT: I should add that I restarted the computer the server is running on and playback was perfect after that. This has happened a couple of times now though since the 5621 upgrade. 

transcode-07d1a0d5-b730-4a8d-a070-f9082ea37891.txt

transcode-b1d51811-42f7-4229-bfef-ec1f2dc7f681.txt

transcode-87f28c49-a2e2-47eb-bf7c-657392a14119.txt

transcode-21928699-3f51-4541-a3d3-26191c0db349.txt

Edited by archangelz

yea they are the same. the there is no change to the transcoding being used here and it's not part of the changes that were for the new beta. my guess to be hones is that there is some network or system volatility that is causing inconsistency from session to session. nothing to do with the server version.

in your best log you are only getting 24-25 fps so even in that scenario what you are getting is barely watchable. you have two logs that are only getting 9-10 fps. both cases involved starting at an offset of nearly 19 minutes. so maybe the seek operation is the problem.

archangelz

The times I was getting poor performance on playback was just me playing around with the transcoding bitrates I think. 

Offset is calculated based on the progress of the live event that is streaming no? I don't control when the start point when I initiate playback. 

i guess so but that's all i can really see from the logs. 3 of the 4 logs have the same bitrate. i wonder if when seeking it takes a long time initially and then eventually stabilizes. I am not saying that's acceptable, just would be useful info to know.