Media Library scan won't go past 71%

JimSatala77

JimSatala77

I don't know what the problem is but my library scan keeps getting hung up at 71% and I can get it to work if i uninstall everything and remove all traces but then its a real P.I.T.A to re tag and sort all my media as i have over 30 TB of content

Are you sure its not finishing? I have a similar issue, where it appears its hung, but it just isn't updating the tasks completion percentage anymore. I have to click server, then click back to scheduled tasks and it updates again, usually showing it was finished long ago. Odd but its been like this last 3-4 releases.

Edited by speechles

Deathsquirrel

Are you sure its not finishing? I have a similar issue, where it appears its hung, but it just isn't updating the tasks completion percentage anymore. I have to click server, then click back to scheduled tasks and it updates again, usually showing it was finished long ago. Odd but its been like this last 3-4 releases.

If you're using firefox that's a browser-specific issue.

If you're using firefox that's a browser-specific issue.

Oh snap.. No wonder it works fine on my tablet under chrome. Thanks for that info. Do you take acorns or walnuts as tips? I've got a couple trees in my yard dropping both. :)

On topic now, if you are not leaving the server enough available bandwidth to "do its thing" when scanning this can dramatically slow it down. Say you are download a Usenet queue, plus a few torrents, and pretty much maxing out your internet capacity. This can happen frequently in this case. I always speed up my scans, by pausing anything downloading on my network until it has finished the scan.

Edited by speechles