Incorrect Cover Ratio

Xzener

The web interface will try to keep the posters looking uniform. For example, movie posters from various sources are generally close to a 2:3 aspect ratio but not always exact. If we display every poster as-is then they'll all have slightly different heights, which to most people will look a little sloppy. (I realize this is highly subjective). So what the web interface will do is examine the aspect ratio of each poster individually, and if it thinks it's close enough to 2:3 then it will just stretch it so that every image on screen will look uniform. If it does not consider it close enough, then it will display as-is. 

Okay, so that is the answer to why the more radical rotation effect maintains the shape properly but the less radical one doesn't.

Deathsquirrel

I'm not trying to troll - just vocalizing a question I've had for a while. What is the reason for skewing/rotating artwork? Is there a benefit I'm not seeing, or is it just aesthetic preference?

Purely personal preference.  There's no accounting for taste.

Xzener

Ok, so I wiped my collection of custom covers... Downloaded all new from the servers art fetchers. Still getting stretched covers in some views. Is there any way to fix this once and for all??

Xzener

Do I need to create a Photoshop script/action to ensure all primary images are the exact same size or something??

Do I need to create a Photoshop script/action to ensure all primary images are the exact same size or something??

If you do can you share it? I do mine manually and it's a pita... Don't really use photoshop any more as i try stay clear of cracked stuff and it's WAY too pricey for my useage needs

CoverArt can do this for you.  Just don't use any rotation and don't use the "Use Original Art Aspect" option and all your covers will be consistent (assuming a consistent treatment is chosen).

Xzener

I've never had that option selected... We seem to keep going back and forth pointing fingers. Have we not come to a conclusion that the clients are at fault. Why, why, why are the devs stretching the treated image?!?!