Cinema mode with Emby addon for Kodi

mguebert

mguebert

Will it be possible that the Cinema mode will be able to work with the Emby Addon for Kodi. With the new plugin it no longer functions.

mguebert

Perhaps it's not possible with using the native Kodi database. However I had a thought, Kodi has the cinema experience plugin, Maybe adding an option to check in EMBY if the Cinema mode is enabled for a user and then launch the cinema experience script in Kodi.

What I am trying to do is for the Projector only I would like to launch the Cinema experience or Cinema mode automatically when a movie is played. Right now the process in Kodi is manual.

Angelblue05

Yeah we are trying to review the playback section of the code to see if anything can be done before tha actual content is played. However our main focus is get the sync to complete for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
mguebert

As a side note, until direct control via user server preferences can be implemented I have found a work around of sorts. In the Cinema Experience Add on there is an option to override the play button. Which then triggers the Cinema Experience before a movie starts. This unfortunately does not work with any movies set to call a external player such as 3D.

So anyone who would like to see this implemented in EMBY addon for Kodi please go to the trello board and vote :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

We'll be looking into adding more features once we release stable, which from the looks of it will be very soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mguebert

Awesome, it already is great especially for my low power nucs running OpenElec. The addition of the Cinema Experience script triggered from the Emby addon will be the icing on the cake for me. In the meantime I thought I would share the work around I found and hopefully get some interest from others to vote on it as a feature. Can't hurt right :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
denethor

I was about to open a new topic but decided to continue with this one.

@@Angelblue05 could you please add support for Kodi Orginal Cinema Experience Add-on? Or do you have any idea why this add-on does not work with Emby add-on populated Kodi libraries? If you asking why not Emby Cinema mode here are my 3 major reasons:

- Emby Cinema experience works on user base. I don't need cinema mode on all of my players. If I enable Cinema mode on my Emby user preference I have to watch trailers on all of my devices. Including WEB and mobile phones.

- This add-on supports blocking Automatic display refresh rate changes. On my Kodi setup I enable screen refresh rate to match movie frame rate. But this is not needed for trailers. Cinema experience can block refresh rate change for trailers. This means less startup screen flickering on every trailer, intro etc..(1 intro, 2 trailer, 1 rating clip and movie itself means my display adapter changes refresh rate 5 times. This is kind a annoying)

- This add-on support 3D movie trailers if I watch 3D movies.

Edited by denethor

Angelblue05

@@denethor

I thought the original cinema experience was no longer maintained pass Gotham*? I thought the devs were MIA for a while.

Are you talking about CinemaVision? Anyway, if I had to guess you probably need to use Direct Path instead of plugin paths so it can look into the directories and load your trailers.

Edited by Angelblue05

denethor

@@denethor

I thought the original cinema experience was no longer maintained pass Gotham*? I thought the devs were MIA for a while.

Are you talking about CinemaVision? Anyway, if I had to guess you probably need to use Direct Path instead of plugin paths so it can look into the directories and load your trailers.

Yes you are right Direct Paths will probably solve the situation. But I don't want to go that path :) Let me give it a try to CinemaVision. Otherwise I will have to wait for a device depended user preferences in Emby.

Angelblue05

We can add that. I wanted to give that option at first when we were implementing it. I don't see wanting to use cinema experience for anything besides Kodi on the main htpc. I do not want to have it enabled on my firetv stick, for example. lol :)

• Like 1