Option not to separate albumartists

steve1977

steve1977

I had suggested a similar feature in the past, but I know that it has not found broad acceptance. So, let met take a different spin to it.

Context: there are albums recorded by several albums (e.g., Chakuza & RAF Camora feat. Joshi Mizuhttp://musicbrainz.org/release/3b44628d-4b64-4ef6-844a-ed6e17801b7b). These albums are split by Emby into two separate albumartists ( Chakuza & RAF Camora and separately Joshi Mizu) as EMby splits artists by "feat.". I am aware that many like this feature. However, artists split in this way are not supported by DLNA, which is most important for me as I am using EMbY as DLNA music server.

So, I have two new suggestions:

1) Would it be possible not to split albumartists that are recorded by two artists (such as the example above), but limit this splitting on artists level (but not albumartist)

2) As I can imagine that some users may still disagree with this, could this be made optional.

I am really eager to have a fully functioning DLNA solution, so hope this can somehow be addressed. Thanks in advance!!!

interestingly if you look at the musicbrianz article, the release record has three separate album artists. i think the dlna issue is actually the renamed album artist that was mentioned in the other thread.

steve1977

You are right that MBZ has three different artists. However, Emby does not (yet) follow the MBZ logic, but separates based on its own criteria (i.e., separated by "feat". but not separating by "&"). Actually, it would not be possible to separate based on the MBZ logic as MBZ does not provide this information to Emby easily. That's why Emby has its own logic and only knows how to separate into two.

Any chance to still have an option for this? As you said, it only separates into 2 rather than 3. And there are advantages (at least on albumartist level) to keep this as a separate albumartist.

One related thing - DLNA no longer shows an artist view. I actually welcome this, but curious whether this is intentional?